OK, Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, Guys

Since I've opened the subject. There are several here who have the power to nominate for the Motorsports Hall of Fame, Lyle and Darryl being a couple, Where is Dwight? You guys go how many years (2003 - 2006) without an inductee for the categorie of air racing ?
    John Slack

Re: OK, Guys

There is a major problem now with the voting process for air racers in the Motorsports Hall of Fame because all nominees are dumped into the "At Large" category together with the boat racing people. Categories are now Open Wheel, Stock cars, Drag Racing, Sports cars, Motorcycles and Historic. "At Large" has by far the biggest number of nominees so the chance of another air racer getting in is small.

BillRo

Comment

Re: OK, Guys

John, you're absolutely right, there are few people out there with the dedication to air racing as Dwight Thorn. I spent some time with "The Doctor" and assure that his whole being was poured into "Keeping 'em Flying" FAST! I remember once when he stopped everything at Strega to work on one of Lefty's errant props...for hours into the night. He lives and breathes Merlins and despite being a little slowed down he still has the "Mystery Aire" about him. His contribution to the sport is giant. David (the artist) Wells

Comment

Working...
      X