Beaver lands on I-84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver lands on I-84

This guy had an interesting flight home.

ktvb

Re: Beaver lands on I-84

Originally posted by brat68
    This guy had an interesting flight home.

ktvb
    "The 1952 beaver amphibian plane went past his car and continued until it found a wide area on the side of the freeway. "

Smart planes those Beaver amphibs!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The Pilot Was A Local From Ketchikan (My Home Town)
      I Have flown with him several times
      at least he made the right choice

Comment

I wish flight instructors would teach new Pilots that often the best course of action to follow, when you find yourself in over your head, is to simply land. Stay in the clear, find an adequate road, field etc. and land while you still have gas and forward visibility. When I was a kid in college feerying different types of light aircraft I was lucky to learn this lesson from a wise old owl. Yes, even if your a instrument rated Pilot this course of action may be the best way to go depending on the circumstances.
        As a young AG pilot it was a common practice to operate on and off surfaces that were never intended for aircraft, it becomes routine and is half the fun.

Never hesitate to get low, lookout for wires, find a good road and get back on the ground before you get into real trouble. This Beaver pilot did it right.

Comment

Originally posted by shorebird
          Never hesitate to get low, lookout for wires, find a good road and get back on the ground before you get into real trouble. This Beaver pilot did it right.
          Hope nobody thinks I was dissing the pilot, indeed, he did the right thing!

Was dissing the reporter for his choice of wording.. "The 1952 beaver amphibian plane went past his car and continued until it found a wide area on the side of the freeway."

I'd have given that credit to the pilot, not the airplane..

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That's a little like how Rush talks about news headlines in which an SUV does something. It's never the DRIVER of an SUV, but the SUV itself.
            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

witness;
              the continued decay of journalism.
              Mayday51
              Jim Gallagher

Comment

Working...
              X