Rare Bear News - It's Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear News - It's Official

Well, I've got to write this up and get it on rarebear.com as an official story and AAFO as "news" but I just wanted to let you guys here know first...

Rare Bear Pilot choices for the 2007 Reno Air Races for have been announced and <drum roll>

Mr. John Penney will be back in the cockpit as first pilot with Mr. Stewart Dawson as Mr. Penney's second...

The balance of the crew is expected to be announced in the next few days... More info will be available on the Rare Bear website later this evening..

Welcome Back John!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Rare Bear News - It's Official

More great news for da Bear! It will be good to see Mr. Penney back in the cockpit again!
    Is there anything else going on with the Bear that we can know about or is everything shut tight for now?

Comment

Yippie! I am getting excited already.

Jarrod

Comment

WooHoo!

Welcome back, John Penney. You were missed!

Don

Comment

They couldn't find a nicer guy....welcome back Mr Penny!

Comment

Glad to have you back John!!

Comment

Awesome news, Great stick, Great crew and owner with $$$ DA BEAR in 07

Comment

I, for one, will be expecting my watch to start running backward when Mr. Penney calls for the clock!!!!!!!!!!!!! (continuum-shminuum......)
                GIDDYUP!!!!!!!! I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!
                Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Do you think maybe Lord John Whorfin managed to get his hands on yet another Ocellation Overthruster from Banzai?? ...

Could they have repaired the Thrust Capacitor??

Can engineering have the warp drive ready by September??

How much time cap'n??

One only need ask John YaYa, John Bigboote, Kirk and Spock for the true answer!

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                    Do you think maybe Lord John Whorfin managed to get his hands on yet another Ocellation Overthruster from Banzai?? ...

Could they have repaired the Thrust Capacitor??

Can engineering have the warp drive ready by September??

How much time cap'n??

One only need ask John YaYa, John Bigboote, Kirk and Spock for the true answer!

As long as there ain't none of them pesky Red Lectroids gettin' out of Bear when John sets her down........(i got's my spectral specs....)
                    I'd rather see continuum warpage, but, I'll settle for a little 'sonic vapor'..
                    Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Somewhere, doing whatever they are doing, Mike Brown and Tiger just felt a disturbance in The Force. I picture them frowning and shaking their heads, trying to figure out what it is.

_________
                      -Matt
                      Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Hey Mr. Archer pretty good pictures, you ever thought about doin' that for a living?

Comment

Glad to learn that the BEAR will be back. Hopefully this time with no blown postons, oil lines broken and everything as near in perfect condition as possiable.
                            To me there has never been a greater sound than the Bear comming around that last pylon and comming across in front of the stands in front of HOME pylon.
                            I am looking forward to it in 2007, which will be my 20th year.

Comment

Just read where the Bear has been stripped of her painted and going thru an inspection.........anyone know what the new paint scheme and colors will be......or will it remain the same? Thanks
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X