Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off-season

I know there's no aircraft in this shot, but every time I'm out here it brings back memoriesof September afternoons. Shot this today while exercising the dogs and my shutter finger.
    Attached Files

Re: Off-season

Where's the snow? I have 6" of ice in front of the t-hangar. Although, we have 4 days of thaw forecast starting today!

Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
      Where's the snow? I have 6" of ice in front of the t-hangar. Although, we have 4 days of thaw forecast starting today!

http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/attac...achmentid=6653
      We got dusted with some about three hours after this was taken, but I guess 4SD is the focal point of the Global Warming movement this year...

Comment

A big tin can in the sky with RENO on it. Must look pretty dumb except to those of us who know why it's there. To us it's full of great expectations!
        Scott Adie
        www.osgfx.com

Comment

Yes, for some, the echo of unlimiteds off the hills at Reno never completey dies away. It becomes like the background radiation of the Big Bang!
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

It's the allmighty Reno Tin

Comment

OK. We are all total air race geeks!
              If you can hear the sounds in February, if you can look at a drum on a pole and get excited, if you can drive by Stead EVERY day, pick out the ramp and stands and think only "X" more days, you need help!
              A "guy" day is defined in my house as any time the wife is either busy or sick and my son and I get to watch air race videos. The force is powerful....
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                OK. We are all total air race geeks!
                If you can hear the sounds in February, if you can look at a drum on a pole and get excited, if you can drive by Stead EVERY day, pick out the ramp and stands and think only "X" more days, you need help!
                A "guy" day is defined in my house as any time the wife is either busy or sick and my son and I get to watch air race videos. The force is powerful....
                You're right Leo. A week ago my SSU (Spousal Support Unit) was in Seattle visiting the grandkids when the posts about 'best Hollywood aviation sequences' was hot and I went through my DVD's and VHS tapes to find and watch anything with aviation shots in it. It was pure unadulterated fun!
                Scott Adie
                www.osgfx.com

Comment

I'm ready to go. Booked flight, and room for nine days in Reno this year on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
                    I'm ready to go. Booked flight, and room for nine days in Reno this year on Saturday.
                    I've been booked for a while! Where you staying?

Looks like I'll be at the Extended Stay again..

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Who did you book a flight with this early? I haven't been able to find anyone to book a Sept flight before the middle of June.

Comment

Circus Circus again. It was actually cheaper to stay in Reno 9 days ($20), instead of 8.

American Airlines. Booked hotel and flight at the same time through Travelocity to save money.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
                          Circus Circus again. It was actually cheaper to stay in Reno 9 days ($20), instead of 8.

American Airlines. Booked hotel and flight at the same time through Travelocity to save money.
                          Ahh.. in all the action! The good thing about Extended Stay is that it's not that easy to spend money.. The bad thing about Extended Stay is it's not that easy to spend money..

Wanna party? Gotta drive!

To be honest though, I'm too damn tired to do much partying after a day at Stead!

Check your PM's Tim

Wayne
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                          X