HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDY SANDERS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDY SANDERS!!!

Wow... Happy birthday to the voice of Air Racing for decades!

I can still hear Sandy talking to the novice crowd at Tunica.. he did such a masterful job of telling the story as well as NOT being patronizing to the crowd, who obviously, knew little to nothing of the sport!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sandy! You made another one!!!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDY SANDERS!!!

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
    Wow... Happy birthday to the voice of Air Racing for decades!

I can still hear Sandy talking to the novice crowd at Tunica.. he did such a masterful job of telling the story as well as NOT being patronizing to the crowd, who obviously, knew little to nothing of the sport!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sandy! You made another one!!!

Wayne, yeah one more and there's even a song that starts with 76 trombones, not the 110 cornets, in the big parade to remind me thank you so much for the salutation. To celebrate I went out and flew the T-6 and just enjoyed my self. I throughly enjoyed Tunica and hope there is another one on the horizon soon. Whether or not it's Tunica makes no difference as long as it's a race. There could be something in the cooker for Virginia next year, lets keep those fingers crossed.
    "The Speaker"

Comment

I still miss the voice of Sandy Sanders at Reno. The replacments guys talk WAY too much, especially when the racers are about to go by the stands. Come back Sandy.

Comment

There could be something in the cooker for Virginia next year, lets keep those fingers crossed.

Did I *REALLY* read that correctly?

/rub eyes;
        /squint;
        /rub eyes;
        /reread;
        /drool;

Comment

Happy birthday Sandy!!!

I miss the old times,especially those fun times in the bar during the IF1 airraces in Stockton, CA.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Sandy, and many more.

Even little old Richland WA's two races were called by The Voice of Reno. The guy knows when to talk and when to just let us enjoy the sights unfolding in front us. Miss you, Sandy.
            Betty

Comment

Happy Birthday Sandy, one of the nicest people in the aviation fraternity,
              John Clark

Comment

Geez... I got so excited about that lil blurb about Va, I forgot to say Happy Birthday Sandy!...

Comment

Happy Birthday Sandy,

I agree about Tunica. It was fun working with you. Hope we can do it again.

Tom Barnes

Comment

Happy Birthday Sandy, and may you have many more.

My best Reno memories are of my seats in the stands at the Start/Finish pylon through the 80's with you calling the races. Even then I felt privileged to be there. On reflection now as an "old guy", I was right to feel that way.

Sure miss your voice...

Cheers.
                    and now for the rest of the story....

Comment

Working...
                    X