Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View from Home Pylon

Was looking at fenceliner01 's Air Racing pics at:

I love the Critical Mass shot and others seen over the last few years with the grandstands in the near background.

For someone who has never seen any Thunder Over Reno trailers is there any footage taken close along side racers taking off from like angles?

On a similar token just who here has been up in the Home Pylon on a race day to live that photo-op dream? Can we see your work?

Re: View from Home Pylon

Originally posted by Lowell
    Was looking at fenceliner01 's Air Racing pics at:

I love the Critical Mass shot and others seen over the last few years with the grandstands in the near background.

For someone who has never seen any Thunder Over Reno trailers is there any footage taken close along side racers taking off from like angles?

On a similar token just who here has been up in the Home Pylon on a race day to live that photo-op dream? Can we see your work?

J.T. Ochiallini is a good friend of mine. (He's the chunky guy with the crewcut and camera in my Hermeskiel museum portfolio).We met each other after 9/11 when he was assigned to my unit during Operations Enduring and Iraqi Freedom. His first year out at the Home pylon was as a volunteer timer, and after that, he's been working with the flag crew. He shot a lot of images from the home pylon the first year using film, and the second year using digital. He stored all of his images on my computer as a backup pending the safe return of his memory cards to his home in Forida.

Unfortunately, his job and family obligations have kept him from catalogueing and displaying his photos on-line, so he turned that task over to me. I'm still in the process of going through his stuff and posting it to "his" pbase account (which I set up, because I got frustrated knowing he had some nice photos and no time to get them on the Web.), but I manage to get a few done every month or so. Keep looking, I'll try to get some more done this weekend.

Comment

WOW!

That picture of the Bear is possibly the most amazing air race photo I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus
        WOW!

That picture of the Bear is possibly the most amazing air race photo I have ever seen.
        Thanks for the kind comments, but I must reiterate, all of the credit goes to my friend JT. As a matter of fact, this thread made me realize that since I now have a site set up for him, I no longer need to host his images on my account. Accordingly, I've removed the two images he shot from my gallery - they now reside exclusively on his.

Comment

Personally, my favorite is the head-on shot of the Aero Union P-3 taking off........Now that's a MAN'S airplane!

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
            Personally, my favorite is the head-on shot of the Aero Union P-3 taking off........Now that's a MAN'S airplane!
            Thanks, speed - caught that one August eve during fire season. Was the last soritie of the night, adn I just got my 70-230 zoom the day before..

Comment

Look at the aileron & rudder inputs!
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                Look at the aileron & rudder inputs!
                http://www.pbase.com/jtpi/image/52927395
                lotsa torque and p-factor

Comment