Finally cutting metal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally cutting metal...

No sir, not for my unlimited yet but for the retracts of my 1/7 scale Hanriot H-232.2 1939 twin trainer...

Ever seen ones made outa wood, ply and aluminium ( and without a lathe and a bench drill or glue ) ? Using Dremel ( hobby drill ), screwdriwer, riveter and a saw. Operated by bypass air, 2 x rubberband and a 2 x 20 gram miniservos.

100 mm dia wheels and 170 grams / unit ( 340 gr ~12 oz together ). I could make'em 130 grams ( 4,6 oz ) per unit by using cellrubber.

Last edited by First time Juke; 02-08-2007, 07:38 AM.
    http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Re: Finally cutting metal...

Originally posted by Juke
    No sir, not for my unlimited yet but for the retracts of my 1/7 scale Hanriot H-232.2 1939 twin trainer...

Ever seen ones made outa wood, ply and aluminium ( and without a lathe and a bench drill or glue ) ? Using Dremel ( hobby drill ), screwdriwer, riveter and a saw. Operated by bypass air, 2 x rubberband and a 2 x 20 gram miniservos.

100 mm dia wheels and 170 grams / unit ( 340 gr ~12 oz together ). I could make'em 130 grams ( 4,6 oz ) per unit by using cellrubber.

I love cool stuff and that is Very Cool!
    Scott Adie
    www.osgfx.com

Comment

What will you use for power, glow, gas or electric? Can't wait to see the flight videos!
      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Peashooter,

2 small four stroke engines..it is a lite twin trainer and going to make it to be like one. Chad Veich did the wing for me with the Compufoil according to the specs I gave him. A big hand for Chad.

rgds,

Juke

Comment

Jukka... you're a treasure man! Glad to see you're keepingonkeeping on!

ONE OF THESE DAYS my friend! YOU HAVE to make it to the USA in September and make it to the races!

Hope all's well there and you're keeping your lady.. (ladies?) as happy as you always have!

Keep the photos coming! Looks pretty neat, especially considering you're having to do it pretty much by "hand"!

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
            Jukka... you're a treasure man! Glad to see you're keepingonkeeping on!

ONE OF THESE DAYS my friend! YOU HAVE to make it to the USA in September and make it to the races!

Hope all's well there and you're keeping your lady.. (ladies?) as happy as you always have!

Keep the photos coming! Looks pretty neat, especially considering you're having to do it pretty much by "hand"!

Thanks Wayner,

You are a tough cookie yourself.

Especially the IPMS ( plastic modellers ) dudes in Finland were very happy when someone finally modelled correctly the 3-views of the Hanriot H-232.2 trainer. Which finns had 3 specimen and 2 actually arrived in Finland in 1941.

My lady is 6 months pregnant and I have to make her porridge in the morning and drive her to work as well. She is very happy...and I am ok too...swimming alot to keeps the back operating. Our house has proven to ge really low energy....eventhough we are having -30 degree celsius frost here. Today is only -17 but yesterday was -31 C.

Hanriot is pretty interesting aeroplane..wing is thinner in the root than in the tip. Struts are there to make it work. There is lot to do before this baby flies. Pics will surely come...I am also doing Dh Vampire and purchased a fan unit for it. It will be even later project.

I am very happy withe custom gear on Hanriot..little bit paint on it and voila. Some work before that.

It is my goal to see the races one day...thanks for asking.

rgds,

Juke
            Attached Files

Comment

OMG!!! Jukka... you're Preggers!!!! How KOOL!

God, it seems like just yesterday when you were posting messages making us all jealous because you were such a "man about town" with all the pretty ladies!

Congratulations my friend..

Hummn..

You're gonna be a daddy, that's gonna make it harder for you to get over here....

MAYBE some of us need to plan on exploring your rich and VARIED aviation heritage there and come visit you some day!

I'll have to admit, I don't have a burning desire to leave this continent... but.. some of the stuff I've read about your corner of the world, and the aspect of actually meeting Mr. Jukka piques my travel lust!

Off to Texas for the weekend tomorrow..

Talk with you later..!

Congratulations again on the upcoming birth!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Ok Wayne,

Welcome over here.

The fan unit came with a F-86 Sabre ( 1/11 ) ARF so I'll have some "jetflying" in the coming summer...the Hanriot might take a year. Dh Vampire is a backup plan if the Sabre gets....into buffeting at transsonic region...I hope fan unit will live to power the smaller jet ( 1/12 scale )...Vamp is to astonish the aircombat folks here, but it is a secret !

rgds,

Juke

Comment

PS... Conan

PS..

Watching "Late Night with Conan O'Brian" got me to thinking.....

Juke, you didn't, by any chance, get to see Conan when he visited did you??

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Off to Texas for the weekend tomorrow
                    Where ya going Wayne?

Comment

Originally posted by King
                      Where ya going Wayne?
                      Encinal/Laredo.. you going to be here??

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Encinal/Laredo.. you going to be here??

Wayne
                        I was going to go out this morning with our Baron. Should be there by now.

But, we are also doing a photo shoot with AOPA here in Uvalde. I decided that I would get more use out of observing this photog take interior and panel shots.

Oh well, Pretty cool down there huh?

Any big announcements?

Comment

Congrats Jukka! If you ever make it to Reno, my moms side of the family are all from Finland. Well make you feel right at home.
                          Tony

Comment

Re: PS... Conan

Watching "Late Night with Conan O'Brian" got me to thinking.....

Juke, you didn't, by any chance, get to see Conan when he visited did you??

It was a big show here..did not meet him personally. Some folks here too go to swim in the hole in the ice...even at -31 C !

Deepsky thanks for the good news..I'd be glad to visit you and your folks.

Next photo of the Hanriot will be one of the ready one...took me a weekend to fix those rims to work..need paint and filler. I removed the old core stuff from that Protech wheel first.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X