King Air overspeed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Air overspeed...

Anyone know these guys? Get them to pick your lotto numbers soon...

_________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Re: King Air overspeed...

"God is my Co-Pilot!"

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
      "God is my Co-Pilot!"

Brother you ain't kidding. Words cannot describe how close they came. In fact, I don't think it gets any closer than that.
      _________
      -Matt

Comment

Wow.....never fly faster than your guardian angel can fly is my motto!
        "Cover Me... My Gun's Jammed"

Comment

I think that it's safe to say that those pilots may have used up their allotment of luck for a while.

Some days I would rather be lucky than good. Looks like they may have been been both to get that thing down on the ground.

Lonnie

PS: Is it still required that when one pilot leaves the cockpit that the other go on oxygin? Or was that really a rule, I can't remember when or where I heard this.

Comment

Did they finally pull the clip? The page with the player comes up, but all I see is a message stating "the video you are trying to view is unavailable".

EDIT:
            Ummmm.... nevermind. I guess you have to allow browser cookies before they will let you see it.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
              EDIT:
              Ummmm.... nevermind. I guess you have to allow browser cookies before they will let you see it.
              Did it finally work for you?
              _________
              -Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk
                Some days I would rather be lucky than good. Looks like they may have been been both to get that thing down on the ground.
                Now that you mention it, they did a great job landing with no elevators.
                _________
                -Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
                  Did it finally work for you?
                  Sure did.....The pucker factor is so high on this one that I bet they are stilll looking for the cockpit seat cushions.

Comment

I don't understand what happened here. The windshield shattered (spidered) but didn't come out......so how could they have lost pressure and passed out? I assume the structural damage was due to a high G pull out. Perhaps something else caused the loss of pressure? Anyone have any other info on this accident?

Comment

Originally posted by supercub
                      I don't understand what happened here. The windshield shattered (spidered) but didn't come out......so how could they have lost pressure and passed out? I assume the structural damage was due to a high G pull out. Perhaps something else caused the loss of pressure? Anyone have any other info on this accident?
                      Turns out he dumped the cabin pressure after the windshield failed... and then their emergency o2 didn't work...
                      _________
                      -Matt

Comment

There's obviusly more to this story that is not being told.

GP

Comment

If you plug N777AJ into www.flightaware.com you can see the spiraling dive if you zoom in on the radar track.
                          _________
                          -Matt

Comment

The King Air windshield is prone to cracks and sometimes they even shatter. The imoprtant thing to remember is that a windshield has never come into the cockpit. The windshield is made of four glass panels that are laminated together. Usually the first and sometimes second inner plys crack or shatter leaving the two outer plys still intact. The only thing the checklist tells you to do is fly a max altitude of FL250 and decrease the cabin differential pressure to a minimum of 4.3 psi. The reason for this is the pressurization is pushing on the window so if the window was going to go anywhere it would go out not in.
                            If a pilot gets qualified in the aircraft at Flight Safety, Simuflite, etc. that school will address this situation and remind you that it is not an emergency but an abnormal procedure. If there are any pilots out there, which I'm sure there is, an abnormal procedure warrants pulling out the checklist and doing each and every step. These steps are not memory items.
                            As for them passing out, well you never dump the cabin at FL270 without having you O2 mask on and working properly. The reason they passed out is the "Emergency Oxygen Sytem Ready" knob was probably not pulled which is a preflight item. When they dumped the cabin they did't have O2 and by the time they knew they were in trouble they were getting hypoxic and couldn't figure out what to do so they just sat until they passed out. I think the key thing to remember is that the checklist doesn't say anything about dumping the cabin.
                            I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, however I do have some first hand knowledge of this because it happened to me two months ago and my company was able to use the plane again. I firmly believe that my training at the above mentioned schools as well as talking to others with much more experience than myself is what helped me keep myself cool, calm, and collect and not panic and think through the situation because it is scary as sh*&!

Comment

MRussell -

How do I zoom in on the radar track? Do you have to register and/or pay? Thanks -

Comment

Working...
                              X