P38 at Modesto today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P38 at Modesto today

Steve Hinton flew into Modesto, CA today around 4:00pm in a P-38. I'm not sure what the occasion is. I've heard, they are going to do some kind of ceremony tomorrow. I know he will be there around 9:00am, not sure if he will fly, or what. I did get to sit in the P-38.......that was the next best thing to being able to fly it. I must also say, that Steve was very nice....offering to let different people come up and sit in the plane. Was very down to earth. If you happen to read this Steve...thanks again.
    Brian

Re: P38 at Modesto today

Which P-38 was it? POF's or Glacier Girl?

Comment

Planes of Fame's P-38

Comment

Interesting, had a Wildcat fly into San Carlos thursday afternoon. Must be something going on.
        Tom

Comment

FYI... Steve is bringing the POF P-38 up to the Warhawk Air Museum in Nampa, Idaho the weekend of May 5-6. Bob Cardon will be here the same weekend give his awesome presentation about Glacier Girl. Anyone in the area should mark it on their Calender. We'll be flying our P-40's as well so there will be a lot of Allison noise over the museum that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man
            Interesting, had a Wildcat fly into San Carlos thursday afternoon. Must be something going on.
            Tom
            In town for an annual i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by threeoneright
              In town for an annual i believe.
              Correct, at Dave's, leaving soon.

Comment

I was talking to my pop and he just happened to be there when they were pulling out the 38. He picked a good day poke around.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
                X