Military Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Link

http://www.greatdanepro.com/Awesome/index.htm is a link a friend of mine just sent me. You gotta watch the whole thing.

Makes me wonder why anyone would mess with us . . . but then again all ya gotta do is look at politics on capital hill to understand huh?
    Scott Adie
    www.osgfx.com

Re: Military Link

GOOD ONE--The shot of the SR71 in taxi mode has been my desktop wallpaper for at least six years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken from PG
      GOOD ONE--The shot of the SR71 in taxi mode has been my desktop wallpaper for at least six years.
      If you're into the SR71 you probably know that the man below, Brian Shul, is one of 93 pilots to have ever flown the Blackbird. He survived 10 recronstructive surgeries in the year following his being shot down in an F4 over Vietnam in 1972. Obviously from the picture, much of it was to repair extensive burn damage.

He's an awesome guy with one of the most amazing stories ever told. He is available to speak at all kinds of functions, churches, schools, etc. His website is here;http://www.sleddriver.com/

I think it would be cool if RARA would open a hangar to let pilots, crew members, and other aviation experts tell their stories and show their slide shows, etc. It could be a catered event and some perfect hangar time after a days events. Brian Shul would make a great kick-off speaker for such an event.

Well, enough cheerleading!
      Attached Files
      Scott Adie
      www.osgfx.com

Comment

Brian Shul is at Reno all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus
          Brian Shul is at Reno all the time.
          Indeed, I think his tent got even bigger this past year. But he wasn't shot down in an F-4, he was shot down in something called an AT-28, IIRC.
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
            Indeed, I think his tent got even bigger this past year. But he wasn't shot down in an F-4, he was shot down in something called an AT-28, IIRC.
            My mistake, when I heard the story there was a ton of talk about Vietnam and F-4's usually come to mind. I'm not real good at remembering all the designations and names anyway. I'm still learning.

I remember as a kid I could identify almost every make, model and year of car for several decades. Then the mid 70's came and it wasn't worth knowing. And now we're just getting back to some interesting styles but my mind doesn't want to work that hard anymore! Gettin old I guess!
            Scott Adie
            www.osgfx.com

Comment

The Blackbird and the Warthog give me Mahogony everytime I see one!
              That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full...

Comment

Mahogony is a soft wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash
                  Sounds like a personal problem to me!

But seriously Mahogany isn't a softwood it's a hardwood

I think we're talking balsa here anyway!
                  Scott Adie
                  www.osgfx.com

Comment

Speaking of SR-71's... I got to tour the National Air and Space Museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center just a few days ago. Here's one of a few hundred photo's I got. Enjoy.
                    Attached Files
                    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                    My Photos
                    My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                      Speaking of SR-71's... I got to tour the National Air and Space Museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center just a few days ago. Here's one of a few hundred photo's I got. Enjoy.
                      Looks very mysterious as it should!
                      Scott Adie
                      www.osgfx.com

Comment

Working...
                      X