Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-6 racing - Go Blue!

Great pics of Steve Dilda's Felix!

It is really his wife Mary in "Blue" who will be doing the racing. What a thought: His 'n' Hers T-6 planes!

Wish I could be here to watch all the flying. Maybe next year...

From what I have heard the T-6 planes are so closely matched it is always some great wing to wing competition. Hope everyone enjoys the fun and yells "Go Blue".
    Wally

They are great people.

Their hangar is just down the way from my "racing C-150" it has a cruse prop and can really go. Some days in the evening on a calm evening as I turn final I call "371 is making this a go around" and then let her rip down the runway. indication way up into the yellow arc - lol, dreaming of cranking around the next pylon instead of pulling up and turning crosswind.

Comment

Oh yes I am tempted to race - maybe in a year or two.

By the way, in the (wonderfull) pictures of "Felix" you didn't mention the red diagonal stripe on each wing. I think Steve told me this paint scheme represents the Commander's plane and the stripes are for the wingmen to line up on each side by.

Comment

father/ son air race

Mark- actually, Tom and TJ Dwelle have raced in the same race in the T-6 class-so Art and Dan may be a first for the Unlimited class...???? GO BLUE- WARLOCK #75!!! All the best, Randy Goss
        Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Working...
        X