Merlin Powered Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merlin Powered Bike

You never know where Merlins will turn up!

Re: Merlin Powered Bike

I'm gonna have nightmares about something getting caught in that cam belt.
    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Ok looks cool is it rideable I don't see a foot peg and I agree with the last guy about getten anything caught in that belt but were is the minny blower??.I had thoughts of using barrels and heads of a R4360 and making a really cool harly nock off,I think I saw a guy do one out of a R1830? or one of the smaller ones,Eitherway way cool man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by h34race
        I had thoughts of using barrels and heads of a R4360 and making a really cool harly nock off,I think I saw a guy do one out of a R1830? or one of the smaller ones,Eitherway way cool man!!!
        Assuming stock stroke, why the 4360? For big c.i. (and lots of macho/adrenalin) take your pick:

R4360/28=156c.i./cyl
        R3350/18=186c.i./cyl
        R2800/18=156c.i./cyl
        R1830/14=131c.i./cyl
        R1340/9=149c.i./cyl

And you are right...way cool man!!!

Comment

While being invited to a SFO United airlines happening yeaERSA ago..... a pre-war B17 form the EAA was hangered for lots of work as is usual when UAL does some free promo BIG g-job. (cool silver and that neet ruddr profile....)

One of the UAL mechanics doing a motoer o/h told me that a B17 motor (i dont know which variant) had the biggest diameter radial piston

he had said that one motor close to the B17's sized displacement had more CIDs but the piston was 0.020" smaller than the single row monster he was working....

any body with some knowledge on this?

BMarsh

Comment

The 9 cyl Wright R-1820, used on the B-17, had a bore of 6.125" as did the R-2600 and R-3350. The R-4360 had a 5.750 bore.

Comment

Looks like a motley Dennis Miller!
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
              X