Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yak 11 paint scheme and airfame question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yak 11 paint scheme and airfame question.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the history and location of this particular Yak 11 Paint scheme and airframe.

see link

Re: Yak 11 paint scheme and airfame question.

Displayed in the Datangshan museum near Beijing, China. Here is another photo of it. Looks very nice too!

T J

Comment

Looks good!
      Are the wheels spinning Will?
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Yes but Im at a loss on the scheme. I had hoped someone would come up with the idea that it just had to be painted as. This scheme is too Sukhoi! I thought mabey a scheme from an LA5 FN would be original of me but it looks as if most other Yak 3Us and Yak 11 airframes are painted as such. There hasnt been a scheme that just grabs me yet! Any one have any ideas?
        I think military would be the most popular not considering the air races.
        Will

Comment

I thought Sam Davis' Yak was the best looking so far.

Comment

I'm just going to throw this out, since it's NOT my airplane anyhow. But I would like to see it in a colorful civilian/racer scheme. Wil, I know you said that one on display looked too Sukhoi....but that's not too bad of a thing. When I first saw the photo my thought was, wow...if you had a white airframe, red star on the cowling, but made the red on the top of the fuselage blue, that would look really sharp. Maybe add a scallop or a 'curve' or two to the lines, but it would look nice in a 'Spirit of Moscow" kind of way.

Comment

You didn't like any of the paint schemes Victor Archer submitted to you?

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

Comment

Will.

When you first announced the race team and quiried for paint scheme idea there were several awesome race schemes posted. I am sure from one of those you can come up with something striking for Steadfast. Perhaps wayne can dig those up and repost them. Lots of great color combinations. Good luck.

Dave

Comment

Maybe too Sukhoi, the aerobatic planes of the 80's, early 90's come to mind, but definately "Steadfast".
                  Hmmmm...now my wheels are spinning.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Will,

With a name like Steadfast she really needs to have a FAST when sittin' still paint scheme! Maybe pick up some drag racing magazines and go through some of the many coffee table type street rod books at Barnes & Noble then come back to the drawing board.

I personally think the red stars were nice when some of the first Yaks were restored and on the airshow circuit in the 80's-90's, but now with all that, and the many Eastern Bloc aerobatic ships it's getting old.

If it can be afforded, go with some sort of tasteful but unforgetable combined art deco/1930's Thompson Trophy/modern drag racing/street rod re-entry-like FAST scheme!

Comment

Originally posted by Uh-sure
                      You didn't like any of the paint schemes Victor Archer submitted to you?

http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showt...ight=steadfast

Thanks for the link Randy, but I couldn't find any paint schemas in it. If you could point me a little closer I would appreciate it, I need all the help I can get.

This thread was before my time with Steadfast, I would love to see any of Victors ideas on a paint job.

I would love to see ideas from anyone, we have paint and a painter but don't know where to put it.

Comment

DT... I can't find the thread that had all the Victor paint schemes in it either.. but this one has some...

Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yeah, I love Victors work! You realize that he took us coming up with a scheme and a logo VERY seriously when we asked for help last April. We used a modification of a V.A. designed logo for our logo as well. So YES we consider his work continuously. A for the looking fast scheme sittin still, yeah, I agree. The only prob is IF we go civil scheme, it will have to be classy and simple. My fav would be just like the Buick but it's just that,"just like the Buick". Can you imagine how neat the 77 scheme would look on this Yak? I'm a better copier than creator! The airplanes lines lend it to the likes of the 30's scheme. I do agree with that.
                          I realize most Yaks are done in similar schemes but really the closest mil scheme would be from a LA5 or 7, or a Yak 3 scheme.
                          Go LEO!
                          Hey Victor, any iluck with those hi res shots?
                          Thanks you guys for being interested in our stubby little racer.
                          Will

Comment

MINI BUICK!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Will,

Wayne's link to the thread covering this topic earlier this year has some really TERRIFIC schemes that would transform Steadfast into a stunning racer. Think colorful!!!! Simple is, well, simple. Maslins Yak looked beautiful in its sudo Super Corsair (Bob Odegaard) paint scheme. Just please, oh please, do not follow the example of September Pops. Reminds me of that old commercial, This is your airplane on drugs! Any questions? One UGLY racer on the ramp is already too many.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X