F-105 at RENO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-105 at RENO

Does anyone have pics of the Two seat Thunderchief that was on the ramp around 2001-2002 time frame?

Thanks
    Mike

Re: F-105 at RENO

I have some shots of it but it will be a few days before i can dig them out

Comment

here you go:
      Attached Files

Comment

I've got some more but need to resize......stand by

Comment

here are the rest :
          Attached Files

Comment

Two seat Thud.........single seat Hun.......yeah, well....they're KINDA close.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
              Two seat Thud.........single seat Hun.......yeah, well....they're KINDA close.
              Same manufacturer at least. Same people who brought you the P-47?Or different company by then?
              Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
                Same manufacturer at least.
                Is this a game of six degrees of separation or something? North American built the Hun, and Republic built the Thud.

North American is now part of Boeing.......but I don't know where Republic ended up. General Dynamics, perhaps?

Comment

I did a quick search of Airliners.net... didn't see any that were taken at Reno but there are plenty of PHOTOS of them sitting on other ramps all over the world.
                  Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                  My Photos
                  My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                    Is this a game of six degrees of separation or something? North American built the Hun, and Republic built the Thud.

North American is now part of Boeing.......but I don't know where Republic ended up. General Dynamics, perhaps?
                    LMAO Brad! HAH! Just testing you.............. Ummm not really. I knew that but had a brain freeze here in the frozen east part of Washington..You knew I knew that too.........
                    Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Oh damn...lost Geek points for posting F-100 pics NOT F-105...too early in the morn after Christmas. OK I'll take my lashes now.

Comment

Shame!

SHAME!!!!

Comment

I took a couple of pictures with my old film camera of a 105 next to a MIG-21 a few years back. They were parked in the out of bounds area east of the static display. I looked through a drawer of old prints and can't find them. I don't think I tossed them over poor quality because it was the first time I saw either plane in real person and I was awed over the size difference. If I find them I will scan them and put them up later.

Comment

The Mig-21 is a flyer, or at least was. It used to roar around Stead about once a month or so. If I'm not mistaken it was the one involved in the Arizona "mid-air" awhile back. I could be wrong, but I understood it was the only civil 21 flying.
                            Last I heard the F-105 was supposed to be flyable, or being brought to that condition. That was from a local about 2 years ago.
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

This picture was taken in 1999. I think it was park at the entrance and it did not have an engine. Ops. the picture is to big. I need to change it
                              Jay Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X