Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member & Plane

Greetings,
    I am Rick Smith in Austin Tx, and have just purchased a very well built IIIM Cassutt that first flew in 1974. (124DW)
    It sat for the last 8-years so I have it apart. Tom Cassutt came to our EAA chapter meeting last month and that gave me the idea to go make an offer on the plane.

The photos on this site are a great source of ideas.
    My intentions are to get it as fast as possible, and if fast enough maybe air racing.
    I'll be at Reno again lurking in the pits.
    Is there a Cassutt forum?
    Thanks,
    Rick

Cassutts

Three good links:

Good luck!
    Anders

Comment

Rick,
      Congratulations on a great choice of an airplane. I am currently building a Cassutt derived racer myself. The links that Anders provided will definitely get you on the right track. While you are at Reno, come look me up in the Formula 1 area. I'll be working as a Tech Inspector & would be happy to BS, i mean discuss our mutual interests when I can take a break. Does your plane have a race history?

Good Luck- Mark Johnson

Comment

Cassutt in a garage

Great links on the Cassutt...my dad and I built a Cassutt in the late 70's and early 80's....he bought a house, and I went to college so that zapped our funds. I am now in the process of getting my private..soloed 8-16-02...and I am actively looking for a C-85, C-90...or a good 0-200 my eventual goal is to build up time and licenses and heading out Reno way. The airframe is done sans engine...FAA has already written her off...just a matter of time. Very cool on the links!

jim

Comment

Cassutt Projects

Thanks for the info. I will be at Reno again this year but with many more questions about setting up my O-200 and Cassutt.
          Just got off the phone with Ib and have a batch of new parts coming my way. Nothing dramatic just an aluminum gear and new rudder pedals to replace the tiller bar.
          Rick

Comment

Working...
          X