Mystery of the Disappeared Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery of the Disappeared Thread?

Last week there was a thread that I think started with a picture of Dago and Dan Martin, but in it was a very cool poster that had Roscoe Turner's LTR-14 in it.

Does anyone know what happened it? Or more importantly who's the artist that did the poster?

Thanks.

DT

Re: Mystery of the Disappeared Thread?

I'm sure this must be it Dialtapper. I don't know what happened to that thread either. I saw you posted a question about it but when I came back when I got home from work, it was gone.

If this is the right image, you had asked me about one of the planes in it but I don't know which plane it was. Is this it and what plane were you interested in?

What's a Dialtapper anyway? Must be a guy at 10,000 feet whose altimeter is falling, oil pressure is 0, RPM is 0 and air speed is picking up rapidly. I'd be tapping the dials too!
    Attached Files
    Scott Adie
    www.osgfx.com

Comment

Thanks Scott, that's the one. I wonder what happened to it.

Roscoe's plane s the one in the upper right corner. Could you do something with just it?

Dialtapper?

Well your close. I think it's in the dictionary. At least in a Aeronautical dictionary, try looking under Oilier, Plumber or Motor Monkey.

It's a PFE, or Professional Flight Engineer. It's like a Second Officer but a PFE has an A&P and is paid more. There's and old joke about asking a Flight Engineer what time it is and he taps on his watch before he tells you. ha ha. Our 74's only have steam gages so it works well.

Actually I use that name here after Wayne set me up with e-mail account with it when I was flying a VIP aircraft out of Europe and couldn't get my e-mails in Muscat Oman, but that's another story. (Thanks Wayne)

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper
        Actually I use that name here after Wayne set me up with e-mail account with it when I was flying a VIP aircraft out of Europe and couldn't get my e-mails in Muscat Oman, but that's another story. (Thanks Wayne)
        LOL DT... you and I know the phone conversation that got you that nick... but let's just keep it tween us for now..

Fun times!

More to come, different airplanes, different paint... all fun!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Looks like you & Mr. Wayne have a story here that might be interesting to know more about. I bet someone out there does.

In the mean time, here's a pic of that plane that I messed with a bit.
          Attached Files
          Scott Adie
          www.osgfx.com

Comment

That's awesome Scott.

How can I get a copy of that and is it possible in this day with photo shop or what ever to get it in flight?

Thanks,

Comment

Glad you like it. We should continue this via e-mail since you're interested in getting a copy. Shouldn't conduct our business on this forum.

The picture I used for the poster is below and I can make it 'fly' but that's the only image I have that's in the right attitude to fly and obviously it doesn't show the whole plane.

The other two I posted just for kicks since you're interested in this plane.

e-mail me!
              Attached Files
              Scott Adie
              www.osgfx.com

Comment

here are some from the first flights
                www.davemorss.com

Comment

2nd try
                  Attached Files
                  www.davemorss.com

Comment

just saw the original at NASM - way cool. will post picts after move - probably couple months

Comment

Originally posted by morss
                      2nd try
                      Dave, would it be correct to assume that the list of airplanes that you haven't flown might be shorter than that of those you have??
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by morss
                        here are some from the first flights

Cool Dave.

How did it fly?

Comment

It was pretty well behaved. a few quirks.It had a low redline because of some structual issues so I never really opened it up. I had a running battle with the head mech on saftey of flight issues and as the osh deadline approached skip took the plane to matt jackson and they got it to osh.
                          www.davemorss.com

Comment

Dave will you be flying it again any time soon? If so, do you know when and where? I'd love to have another chance to photograph it in a clean environment. My static shots from Reno 2003 are full of reflections that are just too cumbersome to edit out. Is Chino it's home or someplace else?
                            Scott Adie
                            www.osgfx.com

Comment

after skip got back from osh and reno its been siting in the chino mueseum. im not in the loop to know if they plan to fly again
                              dave
                              www.davemorss.com

Comment

Working...
                              X