Bombers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombers

For your entertainment...Ok, they are not racers...but they did run around the pylons at stead a few years ago. enjoy

jim harley

Flying WWII bombers, a B24, B25, & a B17 around the USA with a bunch of fun people set to music

Re: Bombers

Thanks a heap for this post. My hero, my dad died last January. He was a top turret gunner and flight engineer in B-24's with Ted's Traveling Circus in WWII.

Someday, I will fullfill a lifelong dream of flying in a B-24 up high where he flew.

The B-24, the most awesome bomber of WWII! Check the stats!

I made a life size B-24 graphic for an RARA Exhibitor Booth I was going to have in 2003 but couldn't complete on time due to equipment issues. I will post it this evening.
    Scott Adie
    www.osgfx.com

Comment

Not a lot of action on this thread but here's the image I spoke of this morning.
      Attached Files
      Scott Adie
      www.osgfx.com

Comment

Nice work. That picture must have taken quite a bit of work to put together.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR
          Nice work. That picture must have taken quite a bit of work to put together.

Will
          Thanks for the compliment.

Yea it did. I don't remember right now but I think it took me nearly 30 hours to clone all the ID off the plane and compose the image.

The full-size file is over 600MB and I may end up never using it for anything. On this particular image, you can see a lot of the clone marks because it was saved and scaled before I got the production image done.
          Scott Adie
          www.osgfx.com

Comment

Jim,

Checked out the video last night and loved it. I can not wait for the bombers to come out this way in May for their west coast tour. Will you be with the foundation again next year? Keep up the great work. Man, what I wouldn't do to be in your shoes, even for a month on the tour.

Dave

Comment

Check the 'Collings Foundation' tour schedule. Their B-24 was a great ride when they came by Astoria early this year. Mike

Comment

Hey Dave,

Yep...I'll be there. "one more year" as we say. I was only going to do one year when I first started, that was back in 2003. This gig is very addictive. Glad you liked the slideshow. Hopefully I will have time over the break to make a compilation video of footage shot over this year. Never enough time!!

Jim

Comment

Many thanks for this thread. Because of it, I will be watching for the Collings Foundation Wings of Freedom Tour and will finally get that flight in the B-24. The image I posted was from a shot I took of the B-24 at the Air Guard facility when they were here a few years back (maybe late 90's?). I didn't know this was an ongoing, organized yearly tour. Too cool!

The schedule doesn't show any Western states dates yet but I subscribed to their newsletter so I can keep tabs on it. When they're nearby, I'll see you there!
                  Scott Adie
                  www.osgfx.com

Comment

Working...
                  X