Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rare Air Race and Air Show DVD 1940' -1960's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Air Race and Air Show DVD 1940' -1960's!

Hello, just thought I would let you guys know that I now have an amazine DVD for sale which has some very rare, never-before-seen COLOR film footage of some of the most famous Air Shows and Air Races in North America. Some of the planes featured in this movie are now very famous planes and racers as well as lots of warbirds out at the air shows of yester-year. On this amazing film you will see footage from the following events: 1947 Philadelphia World Air Show, 1947 Cleveland National Air Show and Air Races, 1949 Cleveland National Air Show and Air Races, 1954 Dansville, New York Air show, 1955 Philadelphia Air Show, 1959 Vancouver, Canada Air Show, 1968 Reno Air Races, 1968 Sacramento Airshow. This DVD runs around 48 minutes in length and is an amazing watch for any fans of early airplanes, racers, helicopters and jets. Amazing close up color footage of the midget racers, unlimited racers and the jet-class on the tarmac. This would be very valuable for anyone studying or restoring some of these planes. Also featured are some amazing air plane stunt work by the Cole Brothers and Marion Cole. These guys had guts back then! Other unidentified stunt plane daredevils are also featured to at the various airshows. Bi-planes, hot-air balloons, vintage helicoptors and some parachuting are also seen through out the DVD at the 8 different Air Shows featured here. At the 1949 Cleveland Air Races the tragic crash of Bill Odum's green Mustang which banked too sharply around the 2nd pylon and flipped and crashed into a nearby home killing 2 of its occupants marked the end of organized closed course Air Races in the USA for years afterwards. That was the end of the 20 years that the National Air Races had been going for. The 1949 Air Races were won by Cook Cleland in his Goodyear F2G-1 Corsair #94, (he also won the 1947 races too!). The course was a 15 lap, 15 mile race for 1949. In this movie you can clearly see Ben Mckillen's #57 Goodyear F2G1 taxiing on the runway..he placed 3rd. You can also see 5th place Charles Tucker's bright purple plane (BELP-63C) and 6th placed J. Hagerstrom's #37. (NAA-D51-D). Also in the 1949 footage you can see the winners of the Bendix Trophy (Cross Country Jet Division). 5 pilots left Edwards Airforce Base in California). The 5 Ford New Republic F84E's broke previous records and averaged 529.61 mph covering the distance in 3 hours and 45 minutes. In the midgit class at the 1949 Cleveland Goodyear Trophy (midgit) Races you can see Bill Brennano's #20 "Buster" as well as 6th placed #34 "Estrellita" with elliptical wing driven by Clifford "Kip" Mone. This plane later was destroyed in a crash in 1950. Other midget racers are seen in the air and on the tarmac, including #29, #4 and #59. Amazing! Some great footage of Snowbirds/ Blue Angel type formation flying too! You will not be dissapointed! That is it! It is $19.99 plus airmail shipping anywhere in North America is $5.00 within North America and $6.00 world wide. Easy Paypal payment or Money orders OK too! Here a a few sample video still I thought you may enjoy. Email me at ddrano@telus.net and I can let you know my mailing address if you would like to order one by mail/ money order or you can send paypal payment easily too. All orders sent next day! All the best! Great forum! Dave
    Attached Files

Re: Rare Air Race and Air Show DVD 1940' -1960's!

Anyone bought this and can offer a review?

T J

Comment

Working...
    X