James Kim: Sad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Kim: Sad News

I don't know if any of you have been following the story about the lost family up here in Oregon. The wife and kids were found alive earlier, the husband, James Kim had left the family on Saturday to try to seek rescue for his family.

The search for James had been going on in earnest here in Oregon and it's just been reported that at 12:03 this afternoon, Mr. Kim was found dead.

Very sad news, a real hero who gave his all in an effort to save his family..

Our prayers go out to the entire Kim family and friends.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: James Kim: Sad News

Have been following this Wayne and it is very sad.

No one can ever be sure how they might respond in a similar situation, we can only imagine.

This terrible incident seems to validate the 'stay put' recommendation so often made by search and rescue people, the police and savvy outdoorsmen. Leaving the shelter of a vehicle and the warmth of several people, as necessary as it might seem, is seldom the right choice. The sheer size of a vehicle is likely to mean it is the first thing found and usually near a road which narrows the search area considerably. A friend of my fathers worked Search and Rescue in the mountains of Southern California years ago and he always said 'stay put' for these very reasons. It's just so hard for us not to try to fix things especially when loved ones are involved.

Prayers going up for the family!
    Scott Adie
    www.osgfx.com

Comment

Originally posted by On Site Grafix
      Have been following this Wayne and it is very sad.

No one can ever be sure how they might respond in a similar situation, we can only imagine.

This terrible incident seems to validate the 'stay put' recommendation so often made by search and rescue people, the police and savvy outdoorsmen. Leaving the shelter of a vehicle and the warmth of several people, as necessary as it might seem, is seldom the right choice. The sheer size of a vehicle is likely to mean it is the first thing found and usually near a road which narrows the search area considerably. A friend of my fathers worked Search and Rescue in the mountains of Southern California years ago and he always said 'stay put' for these very reasons. It's just so hard for us not to try to fix things especially when loved ones are involved.

Prayers going up for the family!
      How true.. you have to ask yourself, what would YOU do after nine days without a trace of rescue, hope running out, gas gone, food gone tires all burned for heat and STILL no sign of rescue!

So VERY sad when you see the map of his progress away from the car and down the "drainage" to where he was found. Just short of a lodge where he would have found communcation, heat, food... rescue.

Sadly, he trekked over eight miles but wound up being within a mile of where he left from.

So close...

I know, there are other sad stories in the world right now and this one is completely off topic but it just grabbed me when I heard about it initially and it's become somewhat of a local drama that has, apparantly, spread world wide.

I guess the moral of the story is if you're ever in the same situation.. Stay with the car!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The guy took one for the family. He's a real man and a hero. May God bless him. That's my thoughts anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X