Memorabilia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorabilia

Does anybody know of a shop in the Reno area that sells Air Race merchandise and/or aviation memorabilia? I've looked but found nothing.
    E-bay and the RARA site are'nt fast enough.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Re: Memorabilia

Maybe call the RARA office and ask to pick your goodies up at the RARA office in Stead.

Don
    "Go Bear!"
    Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
    Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

If you are in the Reno area you might try going to the air race headquarters. They used to be willing to sell directly out of the office, but I don't know if they still do. Once I was able to buy about a dozen old programs that they had stashed in a back room. I've got all but a couple of the earliest years now, but I think ones they had left are probably long gone. Their office was located at the back of the F-1 hanger, through a back door and on the second floor. They should still have a working local phone # also. If they won't sell to you, they might someone locally who will.

Comment

Thanks People!
        Did'nt know they had a phisical office.
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

There used to be a store kitty-corner across the street from Circus Circus (south-east), and now directly east of the Silver Legacy that would have some air race stuff too. I haven't been in there in a long time, but I know they had shirts and books and such. For many years they sold color 8X10 photos taken by the late Dick Hill too.

Might be worth looking into...but you might come up empty too.

Comment

You in town, Leo? - If you need something, let me know if I can help - i'm about five minutes from RARA HQ.

Comment

I live probably a mile or two from you Fenceliner.
              The RARA sit says order by the 20th to recieve by Xmas, or call.
              It was for a friend who wanted a last minute gift for a relative and did'nt have a clue as to where, what, etc.
              Thanks everyone! I think she found what she was looking for thanks to help here.
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
              X