Speaking of Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Articles

For your viewing and reading pleasure, there are a couple of articles out there covering Reno 06. The first is COMPLETE coverage, and race by race stats for ALL the races in ALL the classes in SPORTSMAN PILOT. SP is written by Jack Cox retired editor of EAA's Sport Aviation. Jack has been a longtime supporter of the air racing advances aviation philosophy. SP is available at:[URL=http://www.sportsmanpilot.com]
    The other that is "out on the course" , (as opposed to on the streets....)is KITPLANES magazine. The Kitplanes article gives the reader an inside look at air racing. Tim Kern is the writer, and his enthusiasm for air racing boils throughout the writing. Kitplanes It is also rumored that EAA"s Sport Aviation will have coverage of Reno 06 "out on the course" very soon also. All of the magazines would make great Christmas gifts for the air racing junkie.
    Merry Christmas,
    Cheers,
    Jon Sharp
    www.nemesisnxt.com

Re: Speaking of Articles

I have this months Sport Aviation. It does have some Reno coverage. Article is ok, nothing to do cartwheels over. The author does not seem to be a fan of the T-6, or unlimited class. There is a quote about fans going to F1 races, (auto races), something to the effect they are not attending to see 50 year old cars race. OUCH!!

Comment

Thanks, Jon! Way to fly the colors! I'll be lookin'.........
      Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Hello again,
        Thanks SpinB! Niiiiice colors! One thing I did not mention, in the first post, is that the Sportsman Pilot writing is history book of the races. It has EVERY speed for every plane in every class, from qualifying through all the heats, all the way through the finals.This level of data, on the races, is like having the complete results package gathered, printed, and distributed on site by NAG. That there is a THICK stack-o-paper. Speaking of AWESOME support, NAG WOW!!!!
        Thanks to all of those volunteers that make the race week such an AWESOME time!
        Cheers,
        Jon

Comment

Working...
        X