movie "One six right"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• movie "One six right"

has anyone seen this movie...http://www.onesixright.com/ the video looks pretty good.

Re: movie "One six right"

Originally posted by SCEPTER
    has anyone seen this movie...http://www.onesixright.com/ the video looks pretty good.
    It's definitely worth watching... Awesome cinematography. More of a documentary on Van Nuys Airport.

Michael

Comment

I have it. Its a well made documentary of Van Nuys. I love it.
      a&p

Comment

Originally posted by tvrphoto
        It not only discusses the history of the Van Nuys Airport but also the serious issues regarding the disappearance of general aviation airports due to the lack of knowledge by the local public as well as the increasing encroachment problems.
        Isn't it funny that the rest of the populace doesn't see it as encroachment? What came first? The airport or the housing developments built nearby? It's almost as if folks say: "How dare they put that noisy airport in MY backyard!"

We'll have to see if Buchanan in Concord can hang on. The city wants more tax revenue and the airport is more valuable with housing and retail on it. Haven't heard anything for a while on that issue.

Comment

I sure hope the "neighborhood airport" doesn't become a thing of the past! There's a little grass strip up in Vancouver (WA) near where I used to live there. Evergreen, used to have an antique fly-in annually till someone parked in a neighbor's back yard... bummer!

I'd say their fate is sealed, though I still see limited ops out of there, I don't think it can stand much longer.

Makes a guy wonder, should little airports do something, say like open houses? Something to introduce the neighbors to who/what they are?

To the average person, airports, little or big, are intimidating. So if you're a neighbor, it's just that noisy place next door. If airport management could open up a bit more, might that help?

Probably in the end though, the solution is "the kid at the airport fence" win them now and they will pull the levers in the future that will keep general aviation alive.

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X