Smoke on! The "virtual" TBirds movie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke on! The "virtual" TBirds movie.

This si a 4 part DL, of a movie made up of flight sim movies and editintg.

This is a very impressive movie.. check it out.

Re: Smoke on! The "virtual" TBirds movie.

YES, It is a Great movie. But, Be aware that the download is sssslllloooowwwww. Dial up people can take in dinner AND a movie for the download. I have 3Mps and had breakfast.Their site must be taking a big hit for bandwidth. It IS worth it. I would like the team leader to PM me.

Mike

Comment

I applaud the effort, it is a nice piece of work.

However......I don't get it.

Isn't there film or video available of nearly every shot that they have computer generated?

Just seems like a lot of effort to duplicate something that already exists. US

Comment

Originally posted by Uh-sure
        I don't get it.

Isn't there film or video available of nearly every shot that they have computer generated?

Just seems like a lot of effort to duplicate something that already exists. US
        I'm sure there are film that would cover every shot and more. This was not computer generated in the sense that some dude made it on his computer. This is a number of "captures" from a FlightSim (MS FS9?) where the individual Thunderbirds (guys in their living rooms in front of computers), were logged in together and doing those "flights" via the FlightSim. It is not animation but simulation, flown by humans.

Many people, mostly wives and girlfriends, think this is a complete waste of time. Many people, mostly retired 60+ airline captains, think it is great fun. Some people, DHBG, have a well deserved sense of pride based on their virtual accomplishments.
        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Virtual Thunderbirds
          a&p

Comment

Uh....................

This is serious, right? I mean it's not like the precision lawn chair team or some such?

Looking at their website, it appears to be serious to them.

Wonder what the REAL Thunderbird's think about their virtual imitators?

Comment

Yikes.
              _________
              -Matt
              Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Working...
              X