• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH MODERATORS

We're infected with sell-phone pimps

Re: OH MODERATORS

Originally posted by Apteryx
    We're infected with sell-phone pimps
    Yea.. the registration thing.. These guys are determined! Unless we ban all registrations via yahoo.com, hotmail.com, gmail.com etc etc etc.. the determined ones will take the time to register an email, then register here, validate, make two posts and move on.

Can't even block them via IP range since they are using any one of the 1000's of free proxy services out there..

All we can do is go in and clean them out when they do post...

I will probably impliment a system where new posters have to submit x number of posts before they become unmoderated.

I've been thinking about it for a while and when I see a suspect username, I manually put them in a reviewed usergroup. I've yet to figure out the exact settings needed to make the new user automaticaly promoted to full membership after, say, 4 posts.. .Which will also make more work for the mods and myself, since we'll have to watch for the new poster's ligit stuff.

As well as the bad stuff..

It may well discourage some good posts to boot...

We've been doing pretty well lately getting it (thanks to the two Randy's!) Rhino Jr. gets them early since he's two or three hours ahead... I get the late one's since I'm usually up till almost daybreak back where he is...

No stopping them tho.. If I set a three or four message queue "probation" period.. they will just post three or four before they figure it out and go for it again.

We need LAWS to stop this stuff! TOUGH LAWS WITH BIG HUGE FINES!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: OH MODERATORS

Yeah.... removed a post a couple days ago.... I get them when I see them...
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Working...
      X