Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisionist History?

Hi all...

I was playing with Flickr tonite, and my first Reno search was, of course, for Strega... I found a mangled piece of history that I deemed myself too intoxicated to deal with in the polite and patient style preferable.

Therefore, I throw it to y'all...

This is Strega in the pits being readied for the Unlimited Gold race. P51-D driven by Jimmy Leeward of Ocala, FL. Strega started in 6th position but quickly zoomed by the field on the 1st lap. It looked like Strega had a lock on 2nd place until the last lap, when the something in the engine let go. Jimmy had to call a mayday and leave the race about 5 miles shy of the finish.

I actually have almost that exact picture, so I was close enough to smack 'em...

-Mosquito

ps: driven by?

Re: Revisionist History?

I've stumbled across of few of those on the web. One of them I knew to be a Randy Goss photo of Tsunami. Some fool who didn't know the airplane, or race, and elaborated on his photographic technique.

This poster probably didn't even take the picture, just ripped it and tried to sound knowledgeable, posting on a safer forum then this.

Paul

Comment

Genius at work! Read the cowl, dork...

September Fury was the big winner at Reno. Driven by Michael Brown of Carson City, NV, the Hawker Sea Fury won the Unlimited Gold with an average speed of 481.619 mph.
      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

ahh,yes......

.......the general populus......

..............somehow they always seem to enhance my days....
        Mayday51
        Jim Gallagher

Comment

I want some of what he's smokin'.
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Hey, he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Comment

Working...
            X