Hot News Day! - Critical Mass Will Return To Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot News Day! - Critical Mass Will Return To Stock

Well shoot... good news bad news... Critical Mass will return to air racing but as a stock two seat dual control Sea Fury...

I'll miss the racer but will very much enjoy having the Dwelle's back in the Unlimited pits!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Hot News Day! - Critical Mass Will Return To Stock

Ok, someone needs to convince Stewart Dawson to put the CM race parts on Spirit of Texas. Or the Sanders need to put em on the Buick.

Comment

Bummed out.

This is a loss, Airplane should go in a museum rather than be dismantled.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus
        Bummed out.

This is a loss, Airplane should go in a museum rather than be dismantled.
        Nah, museum duty would suck too. It needs to be raced. Hopefully the parts will end up on another bird.

Comment

Man, I wonder if that canopy would fit on my F-150? Cut off the roof, seal the passenger seat, apply the canopy.............Does anyone have the O.C.C. guy's number?

Seriously, I'm really going to miss that version of C-Mass, but the Dwelly's have always been great to talk to. It'll be good to have them back!

Race 29
          Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Are the wing panels going to Mike Brown? Hmmmm...might not be used at Reno, but for a 3km attempt...hmmmmm. The Bear deal my have a significant ripple effect. If MB breaks the 3km mark, would Rod Lewis try to defend the Bear's honor?

Two, three or four planes should coordinate a date for 3km record attempts and sell tickets, say at Wendover. I'd go!
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

MB's guys have already said he's got a shorter set of wings for September F. that weren't installed this year... perhaps these were the wings, lol.
              _________
              -Matt
              Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Taz, Peggy, Ken, TJ, et all....

Okay, because of all you've done for air racing over the last twenty or so years, I'll 'allow' you to convert #10 back to a stocker....you guys deserve that.

BUT PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep the paint job. :-)

I actually think it would make a good match to Sept. Pops to have another 'racer' paint job on a two seater.

Comment

Tom, Peggy, Ken, Tj, and all the girls,

Since we have had a real good relationship between the two teams over the years it makes me real happy that you guys are moving the airplane in a direction were you guys can get to enjoying the airplane 52 weeks a year. I know the decision you have made was a difficult one as we have made a similar one ourselves recently. But due to the converstaions we had while discussing the availability of "The Engine" I know that this decision to convert the airplane to a two seat 3350 powered airplane will be eventually very popular also, both at home and at the track for the fans. Now all you guys need is a spad. I'd like to thank you guys for all the help you offered team Rare Bear in the past. You are a great family group, and it shows.
                  John Slack
                  John Slack

Comment

Sigh,

I guess I understand, but this is sad to hear. Another unlimited racer essentially "lost".

Michele

Comment

Thanks John-

The Bear is a legend, and It really was an honor to help in any was that we could. Thank you for your role in helping us turn our airplane into something we will fly. I was not looking forward to watching it sit in the hangar for the next 20 years.

-Ken

Originally posted by BellCobraIV
                      Tom, Peggy, Ken, Tj, and all the girls,

Since we have had a real good relationship between the two teams over the years it makes me real happy that you guys are moving the airplane in a direction were you guys can get to enjoying the airplane 52 weeks a year. I know the decision you have made was a difficult one as we have made a similar one ourselves recently. But due to the converstaions we had while discussing the availability of "The Engine" I know that this decision to convert the airplane to a two seat 3350 powered airplane will be eventually very popular also, both at home and at the track for the fans. Now all you guys need is a spad. I'd like to thank you guys for all the help you offered team Rare Bear in the past. You are a great family group, and it shows.
                      John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                        Well shoot... good news bad news... Critical Mass will return to air racing but as a stock two seat dual control Sea Fury...

I'll miss the racer but will very much enjoy having the Dwelle's back in the Unlimited pits!

what ever happened to that great recording of engine start-up and take off at the end? I don't see it here anymore. I downloaded it but my conputer crashed and lost it.

Comment

Originally posted by stanstillson
                          what ever happened to that great recording of engine start-up and take off at the end? I don't see it here anymore. I downloaded it but my conputer crashed and lost it.
                          Video and audio in Real Player format of the Reno Air Races and the airplanes and pilots. Interviews sound bytes engine start audio. Digital audio collection from Reno 2000-

One of my favorite moments was helping Tom get his real player working so he could hear the recording. We did it via phone and over the phone, I could hear it when it started playing for him. He not only was hearing the engine run for the first time (from outside the airplane) and quite thrilled by it, he told me EVERYTHING that was going on during the start and initial run...

Very cool!

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

ahhhh Thank you Wayne. Just the fix I needed. Greg

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl
                              Sigh,

I guess I understand, but this is sad to hear. Another unlimited racer essentially "lost".

Michele
                              Maybe its a little "pollyanna'ish" but my view is that we are not lossing a racer, but we are getting back an interesting racing family, with a new airplane to race. These are the people that make it possible for us to do what we like to do, enjoy the fastest motorsport in the world. We can't afford to lose any of them.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

Working...
                              X