Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merlins Magic web page

check it out.
    Donation site to help us rebuild Merlins magic to return to Reno in 2007.
    News & pictures of rebuild.
    Jim Eberhardt is continueing to build the site.

Re: Merlins Magic web page

nice website....

Comment

There are a couple of new pictures on the update page of the refit.
      Plane will be ready to leave the refit hanger at the end of the week. The truck is on its way to pick it up,

Comment

Just did my part. $20 on the way. Hopefully I'll make Reno in '07 and see her fly.
        Rob
        Merlins are cool
        But Radials rule!
        And jets just make noise

Comment

Merlins Magic is on the skids ready for transport to Minden to continue the rebuild. We wish thank the team who have worked so hard on this rebuild. There is still alot of work to get MM ready to fly and we apreciate your interest and donations. Every bit helps.
          Attached Files

Comment

My 20 is in.

Comment

Jim has spent a busy weekend updateing the web page. more pictures of the rebuild. articles about both the P51 & the T6. He is doing a great job.
              Check it out.
              The fuseilage is back on wheels now.

Comment

It is great that so many of you are contributing to help the rebuild of Merlins Magic. Every little bit helps now as the invoices are starting to come in. Jim is excited that so many people are viewing the web site. The plane is currently at Minden with the ongoing refit. Jim will keep the web site up to date with those details.
                Thankyou from the Merlins Magic #22 Team

Comment

Jim is ready to go "Public" with the web page and has requested that anyone who has an aviation page, can they please put a link on it to our web page. He has also added an update page for the rebuild. He has done a wonderful job and Marilyn and Stu are so appreciative to all of you who have veiwed the page, made donations and taking an interest to bring Merlins Magic back to Reno in 2007.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Zena; 11-30-2006, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update Zena... I'm due to update the links page here, I'll add the site!

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Is anyone but me having trouble with the Paypal link on the site?
                      For me, there is no paypal button to click. I've tried with IE and Firefox.

Rachel

Comment

I used the paypal site & there have been many donations using it. I will pass you comment on to Jim. Did you click the donation button. It comes up with the Paypal a/c.

Comment

Hey everyone, GREAT NEWS! Who is the man in this picture and why is he smiling.

I just got back home to Reno from 3 hours in the Minden hangar with Jim Martinelli's fabulous crew and Stu.

According to Jim M, there are only about 16 hours of work for 2 guys remaining and Merlin's Magic 22 will be almost completely done. The piles of parts on the floor almost look manageable. The wing and gear assembly in all mounted up and most of the mechanical connections completed. Floor still needs to go in the cockpit and lots of cowling still waiting for mechanicals to be completed. The stock engine that was in Merlin replacing the one that gave up at the Reno race is back in place.

The only possible delay at this point is the prop. It's anticipated that it will be done and everything buttoned up making a First Flight a very real probability before Christmas.

Jim has the rest of the pictures I took and will post them on Merlin's web page; www.merlinsmagicrace22.com. Be patient, it may take a couple days to get them posted.

Hooray!
                          Attached Files
                          Scott Adie
                          www.osgfx.com

Comment

What's the story with the Commie Mustang in the background? 251BP...isn't that one of Bob Pond's planes?

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                              What's the story with the Commie Mustang in the background? 251BP...isn't that one of Bob Pond's planes?
                              I don't know the story but I'm going back for more 'pictures and prints' Saturday and will ask Jim. There's two other Russian planes there too.

Here's a little different shot that also shows the nose of Merlin.
                              Attached Files
                              Scott Adie
                              www.osgfx.com

Comment

Working...
                              X