OT: Vets.....Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Vets.....Thanks!

Folks, I know there are more of you out their that got your spurs by military means than not. To that end, I wish to personnally thank you for your sacrifice! From haze gray and underway to moving mud, WWII to
    'Sand Box II', from the bottom of my heart....Thank You!!
    Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Re: OT: Vets.....Thanks!

Man, that's well put Spin.

What he said.

Personally, I plan on going the Veterans Day Parade here in Reno. IMO Veterans Day should be a bigger holiday. Without Veterans, where would we be? The least I can do is go out and solute them.

PS- A friend of my wife is in the parade every year. This year she has a new horse. It's supposedly 20 hands and I don't think it's even a year old yet. I looked it up and the Guiness BoWR lists the largest horse in history as 19 hands.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Uhhhhhhhhh, just for the sake of not getting flamed (I know how this place is), I pulled this quote off of wikipedia;

"World Record
      The Shire horse holds the record for the world's biggest horse; Sampson, foaled in 1846 in Toddington Mills, Bedfordshire, England, stood 21.2½ hands high (i.e. 7ft 2½in or approx 2.2m at his withers) by the time he was a four year old, when he was re-named Mammoth. His peak weight was estimated at over 3,300lb (approx 1.5 tonnes).

The most recent Shire to hold the record was Goliath, a dray horse for the Young & Co. brewery who held the Guinness World Record for the tallest living horse at 19.2hh (approx 1.95m) until he passed away in July 2001."

Anyways, go buy a Vet a beer.

Comment

My thanks too, to my fellow service men and women. To all of us who served it is very moving to get that recognition. . . so thanks to all of you who give it.

Cub County Radio is currently collecting CD's and DVD's to send to our service men and women by Thanksgiving. They're at 2200 Sutro (corner of N. McCarran and Sutro right near the 395/N.Mccarran exit) I know they would love to get them.
        Scott Adie
        www.osgfx.com

Comment

My thanks for your thanks.

I can't imagine what my life would be like had I not been in the Air Force. I still feel the fire in my heart when I hear and see our local Herky Birds flying around. We also get the odd F-18 now and then from Fallon. It causes me to stop and reflect on that part of my life, and it still is a big part of who I am. I have known no greater honor than to have served.

Lonnie

Comment

I once got tagged in the face by a softball during a game because of the distraction of a Huey flying over the field. That sound still, and always causes me pause. Stupid huh!
            Scott Adie
            www.osgfx.com

Comment

Did anybody make it out to the parade? I'm guessing the weather here kept a lot of people away. Cold and rainy ain't exactly ideal I guess. I had a good time anyways. There was some cool hardware rolling around and a lot of storied faces. Even a rainbow popped up. It's nice to get and solute the men and women who have fought for our freedom. Thanks again to you all.

Oh yeah, no 20 hand horse. I'm told by the owner that he didn't want any part of that dinky horse trailer, so they had to leave him. Still just a myth I guess.

Comment

A heart felt thanks to all of the Men and Women of our armed forces, both past and present...

If you can read this, thank a teacher
                Because it is in English, thank a Veteran.....

Comment

Working...
                X