Everyones A Fan of Jimmy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyones A Fan of Jimmy

I was kind of missing your guy's imput on music. I thought I'd give a thread like that a second chance. It seems most of you guys who participated in the last thread are.........old? Obviously you guys know your **** and have been listing to music for a long time, thats all. I guess what I'm trying to do is hook you guys up with some outstanding stuff from my side of the fence (young punk side?) and at the same time possibly gain some knowledge of stuff I like but have never heard of. Does that make any sence? Are your seatbelts fastened? Let's go!

Plate Fork Knife Spoon. A little thing put together by all the insturmentalists from the Crown City Rockers. All instrumental except the last song. Almost a smooth (and I hate this term) acid jazz. Good stuff.

Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire - The Swimming Hour. Some hot fiddle for ya'. A friend put me onto it and I'm now a beleiver. From what he tells me, he is a producer who is still a song writer and plays the electric violin like nobody's business. I didn't even realize it was the violin untill my buddy told me it was. I just though it was a screaming axe. I think what I like most though is the fact that every song is completely different from the next. A must have for any fan of Jimmy.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Re: Everyones A Fan of Jimmy

I'm not a fan of Jimmy. I do like country though. Of course what they call "country" now is just pop but just a few short years ago there was some really nice country music. Garth Brooks George Strait and so on. Ok, nevermind, I'll just shut up now.
    Oh and there is nothing wrong with old music, like Waylon Jennings.

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
      I'm not a fan of Jimmy. I do like country though. Of course what they call "country" now is just pop but just a few short years ago there was some really nice country music. Garth Brooks George Strait and so on. Ok, nevermind, I'll just shut up now.
      Oh and there is nothing wrong with old music, like Waylon Jennings.

Jarrod
      The secret alternate ending to the Dukes of Hazard theme:

I'm a good 'ol boy
      Ya know my Momma loved me
      but she don't understand
      they keep on showin' my hands
      and not my face on TV.

Real country is all good. Pop country is a travesty. IMO, Boooooooooo!
      My collection includes the likes of George Straight, Dwight, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Merle, Jerry Reed, Hank Sr. and of coarse Waylon. Can't forget about Junior Brown, Red Simpson, Red Steagle and Dick Curless. Real country.

Did I ask before if anyone knew who Patsy Cline's band played for before they played for her?

Comment

Yeah, I'm reminded of what my dad said when he walked in on the 'U' of Country Joe & The Fish at Woodstock, "Turn that crap off!"

Speaking of electric fiddles, what ever happened to Jean-Luc Ponty? Those were always fun concerts. He'd get the echoplex going and fill the hall with psychic stuff!
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we're done with country? Moving on then.

Here's one that I'm doubting you guys have, Breakestra - Hit the Floor. Super bad album. From start to finish, it is chalk full of nutrients for your musical appetite. From fun to cool to badass and everything in between. The track "How do You Really Feal" is a stellar . Now matter how stressed or bummed or whatever I happen to be, I can can play this track and completely escape all that ills. I implore you to take a listen.

Comment

Working...
          X