Artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artwork

So. As I was in the process of moving some stuff out of the house, I stumbled across a few pieces of 'artwork' (if that is what you want to call it) from my doodling days....before I actually knew what I was doing, and before I started my aviation art business.

I found maybe half a dozen pictures that I had drawn, some in pencil, some in pen/ink. I was thinking of throwing them up on eBay to see if anyone was interested...but thought I'd check here first to see if it was just a pie in the sky hope.

Most of them were just drawings on plain old 8 1/2 x 11 white copy paper (whatever happened to be sitting around at the time I got the urge), but the Bear Hunt one is done on 9x12 art paper. Bear Hunt was the first lap of the '90 Gold Race...so I had Skip and Lyle sign it the following year at Reno. The one of Strega is one similar to a drawing I did at about the same time that I sent to Tiger.

All of them are from the late '80's or early '90's.

The scans are low res, and kind of crappy in quality--especially the Bear Hunt one, which was too big for the scanner, so there is lots of light/dark areas that come across looking yellow and brown...but the original is spotless.

Just looking for some feedback as to whether its worth it to post some of these, or should I just 86 'em?

Brad
    Attached Files

Re: Artwork

Good GRIEF Speedy... didn't know you could draw like that....

NICE!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
      Good GRIEF Speedy... didn't know you could draw like that....

NICE!

Dood...this is nothing. You should see the good stuff once I learned actually how to do it 'right'. And it's much more impressive in 18" x 24".

Comment

Brad... check yer PM's

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

NICE
          I like the way you captured Tsunami
          MORE MORE

Comment

I've had several p.m.'s asking about this stuff.

Here are a couple more doodles....
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
              I've had several p.m.'s asking about this stuff.

Here are a couple more doodles....
              Why don't you take, say, three or four of what you think are the"best" (or maybe AAFOers could do a poll), have some limited editions (smallest number you can do) printed on quality stock, and then put them up on E-bay? It would give you an idea of their marketability. I'm sure what you don't sell there could be autographed in 2007 by race participants and advertised on this or other sites. We could even talk about mats, if you'd like. Your work looks good to me.

Mike A.

Comment

Working...
              X