Sunsets - Time to head to the beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunsets - Time to head to the beach

Great shots.Makes me want to move back by the ocean. My parents lived in Solana Beach,CA for 36 years & I lived in SantaCruz,CA for 12 years while working for Lockheed in the Bay area.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Hows the salt water/mist/sand on the camera?

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
        Hows the salt water/mist/sand on the camera?

Jarrod
        Jarrod.. I actually live two blocks from the Pacific, my windows are covered in salt within a week of washing them. I once was down at the beach shooting a potential rescue and it was misty as heck.. actually had to swap lenses there.. *gulp!*

SO far... no ill effects. Though, I do keep my camera in the bag CLOSED most of the time.

I'm sure, over time, just as with everything down here, the salt in the air will do *something* to *something* on the body.. Nikon's pretty good about sealing them up tho.. (so is Canon) so I'm not really worried..

Victor... you using any kind of filter?? I shoot a lot of sunsets here also but don't get the definition that you're getting...

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I covered a sailboat race on Santa Monica Bay back in 1992 for a magazine and got salt spray directly on my 70-210 lens. My camera tech advisor told me just to wipe it down with a distilled water rag real well and dry it well after over its full range of motion. Since it's an old film camera, I almost never use it anymore (Minolta with Vivtar glass), but last time out, it all worked great. (Might actually have been Reno 2000! Jeesh!)
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Need an education

I shot this at the Reno Air Races and when I looked closely at it, I couldn't help but notice how short the propeller is. Can you guys educate me a little bit with some photos of your own. I'd like to understand a little more about how propeller length and pitch, etc., affect the way it performs.
            Attached Files
            Scott Adie
            www.osgfx.com

Comment

That's a stock length T-6 prop. It just looks short becasue it's painted black. A "low" HP motor like that can't swing a big stick. The T-6 rules require a stock prop too. Some are just "stocker" than others.

Comment

Working...
              X