Miss A. in TEXAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss A. in TEXAS

I walked into the gates today at "Wings Over Houston" (Ellington Field) and when i looked to the warbird area I saw a familure looking tail that had a blue and Red curvey line on it.. I walked a little closer and sure enough it was her, MISS AMERICA. She wasn't there to demo a race. But she was in the show which was started late due to rain. I didn't see Brent there at the time but after the show I made my way back to the warbird area and saw someone hop in a van with a blue flight suit on and a "gillian" hat. Not for sure if it was him but .. Miss A was the only P-51 there today and she flew with the doolittle air rade demo. I slapped myself all the way home because I didn't bring the camera thinking the show wasn't gonna go due to the rain but when i heard the warbirds doing Engine test over on the North ramp the clouds cleared and it was a great show . The Thunderbirds were only able to do a low show though but it was still a lot of fun.. ha ha i saw her fly and you guys at reno didn't
    W.Hughes

Re: Miss A. in TEXAS

Went to WOH on Sunday and was really surprised to see Miss A there too. I did bring my camera...although I still havent cleaned my CCD as you can see. The WX was really not all that great for taking pictures. I have to admit it looked kinda strange to see Miss America with all the explosions going off all around. My oldest son finally got to see a Reno Racer and I didn't even have to take him to RENO...which he really wants to go someday. Heres some picts...enjoy.
    Chris
    Attached Files

Comment

The last time I saw her she was solid white. Sure looks good with that new paint. Why wasn't she in Reno?

Comment

not really sure why they didn't make it to reno.. if i remember correctly i think they just didn't feel like going this year. She got her paint after the 2003 season (i was at 2003.... DR: 507.105 )

Nice pics there mailman. she really had the crowd going. also Sean Tucker put on a great show on Saturday and im sure on sunday too. A F-117 was there in the static area but of course noone could get close to it. they even had armed guards around it...

even with the rain it was a great show
        W.Hughes

Comment

MAN that's a beautiful airplane...SO clean.

One request tho, Doc....replace the "records" listings that she had on her sides...!
          SSGFX, The Wonder Artist

9one8.net

Throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Comment

not really sure why they didn't make it to reno.. if i remember correctly i think they just didn't feel like going this year. She got her paint after the 2003 season (i was at 2003.... DR: 507.105 )
            Yeah she lost a trim tab that race. Looked kinda scary seeing a piece fall off on the front stretch.

Comment

Working...
            X