Nut Tree Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut Tree Park

If you were a Nut Tree fan like me, here is an update on what has been done since it closed . . . .

Len_Ashburn@Prodigy.Net

Re: Nut Tree Park

went by there last wed saw more shopping centers and no nut tree? shawn

Comment

Used to be the highlight of a summer evening.
      Eat at Murillo's mexican restaraunt up the street (or downtown for the old-timers) and walk it off at the Nut Tree. They had the greatest model selection and the biggest aviation bookstore I have ever seen. They used to have a photo wall out at the visitor's area of the airport that had hundreds of personalities on it.
      A lot of us got our first jobs there in the shops or bakery. It was a big loss when they closed it down.
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
        Used to be the highlight of a summer evening.
        Eat at Murillo's mexican restaraunt up the street (or downtown for the old-timers) and walk it off at the Nut Tree. They had the greatest model selection and the biggest aviation bookstore I have ever seen. They used to have a photo wall out at the visitor's area of the airport that had hundreds of personalities on it.
        A lot of us got our first jobs there in the shops or bakery. It was a big loss when they closed it down.

That photo wall was what inspired me to start collecting autographed photos of pilots/planes.

And I sat in my very first P-51 cockpit on the ramp @ Nut Tree. I think I was 4.

I think it would be cool if the 'renovated' park would re-issue some of the Nut Tree posters and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
          I think it would be cool if the 'renovated' park would re-issue some of the Nut Tree posters and stuff.
          Some of them were for sale at Travis AFB museum when I visited on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike51
            Some of them were for sale at Travis AFB museum when I visited on Saturday.
            Ooooh, might have to look in that direction. Do you remember what ones you saw?

Comment

No, but I'll be back there on Sunday for the P-38 Aces seminar so I'll have a look.

They certainly had a series of postcards - I picked up a few for friends in the UK interested in early aviation.

Comment

Working...
              X