Copyright symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright symbol

Stupid question, but, how do you make the copyright symbol in Photoshop CS2. I want to claim copyright on my images, and would prefer the symbol over spelling it out. From the web, I have learned that alt0169 is supposed to do the trick? Not for me. Anyway, I need some help. I would think that this should be as straight forward.

Dan Plunkett

Re: Copyright symbol

Dan, there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers..

What I do is just grab it from wherever.. .I mean, like highlight and copy it from, say.. bottom of this page, then paste it into the text field of whatever proggy you're needing it in..

S'always worked for me.

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

On a Mac, make a new text layer, click your cursor, hold down your option key, and type a 'g'.

On a PC, it's pretty much the same thing, although much more confusing and ridiculously difficult.

Enjoy!
      SSGFX, The Wonder Artist

9one8.net

Throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Comment

Alt + 0169 in the Photoshop Type Tool always works for me.

Make sure you're still holding down the 'Alt' key while you enter '0169'

Comment

If you're a Windows user, go to the Start Menu, Accessories, and System Tools. Click on the Character Map and you will get an application that shows all the ASCII (symbols) Characters for whatever font you choose that you have loaded on your computer.
          It will show you the key combination you need to get all those characters that you're looking for. Always remember to hold the 'Alt' key down until you have entered all the associated numerical characters you need to get the symbol you want. Not all symbols are available in all fonts and cheap fonts may not have any.
          Scott Adie
          www.osgfx.com

Comment

Thanks to everybody with their tips. Just goes to show that you can always learn something. I have been a computer user for 40 years, and a windows user for over 10 years. You can always learn. Thanks again

Dan Plunkett

Comment

Working...
            X