I got it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got it!!!

I always wanted to see this happen and I got my chance to capture it too!

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Re: I got it!!!

VERY nice Victor! I assume this was at Miramar as well? Looks like there was a LOT of moisture in the air that day...the Hornet looks like it's breaking through a fog wall..
    Mark Johnson
    Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Good catch! I use to see F-14s/18s do that a lot at Moffett Field on humid days (Moffett is near sea level and right next to the bay, so moisture was plentiful), but they always caught me off guard.

Comment

Sweet shot Victor. I love the gray on gray
        -Gordon

Comment

Great shots victor, ive enjoyed looking at your work for a while.
          I got this image at this years Warbirds Over Wanaka Airshow at easter here in NZ, this is a Royal Australian Air Force F-111 doing its display on easter friday. The airfield that the show is held at is 1100 ft ASL and has a river running past about 1/2 mile from the show line, here he is approching 90 degrees to the show line. To see this airshow performance is awesome, the Aussies really know how to display such a big aircraft. The highlight of the display has to be the Dump and Burn where Fuel is dumped and the burners lit, the flame is about 70-100ft long and impressive as hell.
          Here are a couple of images that i took during the show, they are nowhere as good as yours, but i manage with my EOS 300D and Tokina 80-400 ATX

race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Vic,
            Awesome! Thanks for sharing! It's really great to see that from something other than an F-14. Unreal work as usual!!

Race 29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
              I always wanted to see this happen and I got my chance to capture it too!

Um, Victor? Any chance you could upload it here. I am back at work in GEG and they block your regular website. If it's too big of a hassle, I guess I'll wait until I get home, sigh............

Never mind........ Guess I didn't wait long enough for it to upload. I had the little box with the red x in it. Anyways, someday, SOMEDAY, I will get to see this again. Last time I saw it was at NAS Key West with an RA-5C Vigilante back in the late 70's. To freakin cool. He was going SS too.
              Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

[QUOTE=Air Race AddictLast time I saw it was at NAS Key West with an RA-5C Vigilante back in the late 70's. [/QUOTE]

Dude....I know you're old....but now you're REALLY dating yourself.

The Vigilante...that was the follow-on to the Wright Flyer, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
                  Um, Victor? Any chance you could upload it here.
                  Let me see if this works.....
                  Attached Files
                  http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                  http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

My gosh that is really neat!

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
                      Let me see if this works.....
                      Thank you Victor. Works well with others

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict

Never mind........ Guess I didn't wait long enough for it to upload. I had the little box with the red x in it. Anyways, someday, SOMEDAY, I will get to see this again. Last time I saw it was at NAS Key West with an RA-5C Vigilante back in the late 70's. To freakin cool. He was going SS too.

I doubt the jet in this pic was going supersonic. None of the aircraft I've seen produce this visual effect were going that fast. More like 600-650 mph according to the air show announcers. At Moffett it was performed by F-14's or F-18's .

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
                          I doubt the jet in this pic was going supersonic. None of the aircraft I've seen produce this visual effect were going that fast. More like 600-650 mph according to the air show announcers. At Moffett it was performed by F-14's or F-18's .
                          Dude! The Vigilante was going SS Maybe I didn't make myself clear as to whom was SS. I know the F-18 wasn't. It's a pretty common phenomena from what I know, and have seen. Just look at the threadfrom the Blue Angels in SF. I see all kinds of weird atmospheric effects with 757, 737, etc, Q-400, etc that are on final approach in PDX, SEA, and GEG when the air is supersaturated. Wingtip vortex, prop corkscrew, clouds over the tops of wings.......... Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

Comment

Working...
                          X