Mojave Race Pylons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojave Race Pylons

Out in the desert north of mojave field for work found a couple old pylons just inside the airport fence, then of course there is the boneyard. Took some pics. Pretty psyched to find the pylons.

Air Racing is awesome!!
    Attached Files

Re: Mojave Race Pylons

Oh man I am infinitely jealous you got to drive around out there!!!!!
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Pretty sure John Sharp and F1 Nemisis used those for practice. We heard he had a race course somewhere nearby.
      Tom

Comment

Not possible, Jon Sharp never needed to practice, his presence in the cockpit alone is good for 7.2 knots...us mere mortals stand not a chance!

Jon is the man

Comment

Someone has to ask - so I'll do it. What were you driving - because that's an old dashboard I'm looking at!?
          Mike S
          www.indyairshow.com
          www.indytransponder.com

Comment

Oh yeah....you even managed to squeeze in the two C-133's!!!! I love you, man!

Those C-133's are as much a part of the history of Mojave as the air races are. They were always there as 'backdrop'...whether on the ramp, or out in the weeds. I always thought they were very cool looking, and am glad that they haven't been scrapped yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS
              Someone has to ask - so I'll do it. What were you driving - because that's an old dashboard I'm looking at!?
              I'll take a guess... 64,65 ford falcon...?

Comment

Ah yes my transportation woes, 65 falcon, my rusted out michigan pickup will never pass the cali smog laws so I ducked em by getting an older vehicle. Now both primary and secondary transportation will be pre 1970 ah well....

See attached
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X