Matt Jackson on the Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Jackson on the Radio

Did anyone else hear Matt Jackson on KZOK radio up in Seattle today? He was commenting on-air about the New York crash, specifically about his experiences as an instructor for celebrity pilot(s).

Good stuff, Matt. Thanks to my bro for arranging it, and letting me listen to it via cellphone!

Re: Matt Jackson on the Radio

Matt gave a good interview. The host of the morning show on KZOK is a pilot himself, so he had some decent questions...about what happened in New York, and about whether flight instructors can be/are 'starstruck' by teaching celebrities to fly.

This started out last week because in the wake of the accident in New York they were discussing it on air, and one of the hosts said "Yeah, if Tom Cruise is sitting in the seat next to you, do you yell at him, or let him go because he's....Tom Cruise?" And I thought to myself, well...why don't we just ask Tom Cruise's instructor? (Thanks for coming on, Matt!)

Matt was very well spoken and insightful as to the whats and why's of the Cory Lidle incident (pretty much defending both people in the plane--if something was wrong inside and they were trying to deal with an emergency, how quickly you can lose S.A. in an environment like that)...and he was frank about his experiences teaching Tom Cruise to fly. Sort of dispelled the myth about instructors being complacent with 'special' students.

By the way, if you go to <www.kzok.com> and click on the link to the Bob Rivers Show, I think they have Wav or MP3 files of the previous day's interview...so either this afternoon or tomorrow, Matt's interview should be up.

Comment

Re: Matt Jackson on the Radio

Doesn't sound like Matt made the cut for the Podcast file. Wonder if they have a Podcast request line?

Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
      X