Hughes Racer Recreaton - Sound Byte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes Racer Recreaton - Sound Byte

As promised, here is the link to the audio files from the engine start, runup, takeoff and flyby..

CLICK HERE FOR HUGHES RACER AUDIO

Enjoy!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

that was pretty cool, especially the stereo.....what size engine is that, again??
    the other Wayne................

Comment

CRYKEY MATE....... That was a tad awesome Wayner... Now I got wood and a handfull of splinters.....

Comment

Originally posted by GWB
        that was pretty cool, especially the stereo.....what size engine is that, again??
        LOL.... Some of the stereo effect comes from me not holding the mic steady.. Most of the recordings are done in my pocket.. you'd be amazed at how many shutter clicks that are about 1/250th of a second that I can pull out of a recording and not have any "holes" in the sound It is a somewhat tedious process but, I love working with sound files probably more than anything that I do.. got a great program that allows a lot of edit effects like mixing transitions and such.. fun stuff..

And on to the original question <enough babbling Wayne!> It is a Pratt & Whitney R-1535 Twin Wasp Jr. This particular engine has a bit of a different history but I can't recall the exact details..

The thought does come up though, if this thing is sparking along at 165 at just over idle power.. and doing something in the range of 300 at 28% power.. I wonder if this thing would make one hell of an Unlimited racer~!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal
          CRYKEY MATE....... That was a tad awesome Wayner... Now I got wood and a handfull of splinters.....
          Oh man.. I have my speakers in use for my stereo so I can only listen to it on headphones.. it is awesome with cans on!!!!..

Now.. need a pair of tweezers.. ahh and something for the splinters too <ducking>

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

H-1 Prop &amp; Speed Potential

Wanye: Great vibes! Now, a technical question -- or more a question for the Wright Tools team: the original prop is clearly going supersonic on takeoff (the echo off the hills is wonderful!), much like a T-6, and as is proven by slow nose cases and/or shorter prop blades applied to recent unlimiteds, the speed potential goes way up. Would/should Jim Wright use a more efficient prop for his speed runs, or remain true to the original? Since he's flying the long wing, he may need the help. Just a thought, Peas

Comment

Working...
            X