A Good Friend and Pilot, Gone West.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good Friend and Pilot, Gone West.

I came home to find on the news and several cell phone calls, that my good friend and flight instructor passed away on Wednesday. He was on board with Yankee Pitcher Cory Lidle. His name was Tyler Stanger. I have flown with Tyler the past 3 years, earning my instrument rating, along with my father, 2 years ago. My Father and I completed our Biannual flight review with him this past July.
    Tyler leaves behind a wife and a beautiful little girl. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and other pilots he flew with, and influenced, over his short time here on earth.

God Speed my friend.

Re: A Good Friend and Pilot, Gone West.

I have known Tyler since he was a little boy. His mom's father and my father are brothers.

Tyler's family lives in the LA area and we would see them one or two times a year at family functions. When he started to fly several years ago, he was hooked. He was very aggressive in his learning and pursuit of his dream to fly. He would fly his family from LA to FLA near Hollister for our annual family reunions at our hangar.

He would dish out rides in his Skyhawk to kids and adults. My youngest (17) loved every minute of the flights and wanted to go again and again. Tyler would let her fly and she did not stop smiling for hours later.

We missed him this past August at the reunion, but his parents were there. He's a wanted and busy man, flying as much as he can.

Tyler was a great young man with ambitions to live a full and happy life. His mother and father were rightfully proud of his success. He has logged several thousand hours and loved talking shop with us at the reunions. He was living his dream.

My next flight will be in your memory and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Eternal Blue Skies Tyler,

Curtis Fowles
    MustangsMustangs

Comment

Working...
    X