FiFi got some bucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FiFi got some bucks!

According to www.warbirdalley.com oct 9th news , A private individual has made a generous donation of $2 million to the Commemorative Air Force's B-29 "Fifi" group to help them get the famous and rare bomber back in the air. Fifi was grounded earlier this year after her engines began showing signs of unusual, excess wear.

Re: FiFi got some bucks!

Originally posted by Missileer
    We were all wrong... TC wasn't buying DagoRed, he was buying FiFi new engines !!

OH NO NOT THIS AGAIN...........

I'ts good to hear about FiFi tho.....

Comment

At this point I'm not sure anyone knows who donated the $$$$, but I'm really glad they did. I would hate to see FiFi sitting on the ground from now on.

Comment

The gentleman's name is Joe Jamieson. He is new to the warbird scene, but acording to some of the guys I talked with Sunday, he is a name to watch for in the next few years within the warbird industry.

Comment

Well Mr. Jamieson has a GREAT start in coming onto the warbird scene!! and he did a wonderful thing here. I've only seen FiFi fly once, but what a thrill it was. So THANK YOU Mr. Jamieson for what you did.

Comment

Hey I just hope they upgrade a little to the newer version of the 3350 or would that change the rating of the plane problem ????read some were that intake issues or something like that. wish they could get ahold of the ones off keybird they were brand new props and all,just wishing out loud I guess

Comment

On the b-29 CAF squadron website their newsletter describes what they are going to do with the engines ill see if i cant dig up a link in a minute.
              a&p

Comment

a&p

Comment

Appreciate that link. The newsletter was VERY informative about the "hybrid" engine replacement and much, much more. Good stuff!

I admit I was surprised to read about their fuel situation. What kind of fuel does a B-29 use that costs $4-$6 per gal? Is it a special high octane blend or something, or has avgas simply become rediculous?

Comment

Av Gas is that ridiculous right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X