Number 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 9

I've made it up to Thursday 9-14 with my Reno pix and found this one. Not the greatest pix but I like what is coming off of the wing tips.
    Attached Files

Re: Number 9

That's killer! Personally, I know we see a ton of technically astounding photos around here, and any of us would would be talkin' the talk if we could shoot like Vic or TVR or the likes (or at least I would), but I love seeing stuff like shot right there. It really projects the intensity of an Unlimited lap in a hotrod Mustang, and that's cool man.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Yes, I believe that is a rip in the space time continuum.

Comment

That's cool Ken! I love those shots that capture the heat from the exhaust/radiators/coolers as they come around the corner, but I've never seen heat wave wingtip vortices!!

Heat wise, Thursday and Friday were certainly "contrasty."

Comment

I agree with Fence Sense...I never get tired of that type of shot! High bank angle surrounded by sage brush and dirt! Speaking of, I really missed the proverbial boat by not buying a poster version of "The Unlimited" offered by the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum three years ago at the Reno Air Races. They were selling for $15.00. The original limited edition prints are now selling for $1400.00 on the secondary market. I saw one on display at the Reno Hilton...an estate sale on consignment! The picture had Rear Bear and Dego Red or was it Strega in a high bank turn rounding a pylon with a backgrond much like the picture here. I bought a denim shirt instead figuring I didn't want to spend another $200.00 framing it. Should have bought the print! Does anyone know if anymore of those posters exists and where we can buy one? It's a classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead
            That's cool Ken! I love those shots that capture the heat from the exhaust/radiators/coolers as they come around the corner, but I've never seen heat wave wingtip vortices!!

Heat wise, Thursday and Friday were certainly "contrasty."
            I asked an aero friend about the picture. He said that what's being seen is certainly the tip vortex. Since the tip vortex is cold and the ambient air is warmer, we're seeing the refraction due to the temperature difference. This shows up in the picture because of the long telephoto lense & background.

Michael

Comment

Here's some techno mumbo-jumbo if you care for it:
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
              X