Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hughes Racer -- Excuses Excuses... does this make it better??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes Racer -- Excuses Excuses... does this make it better??

Well... there is method to our madness..
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Yet again

Thank you sir, may I have another?
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

One more then ya have to wait for the rest..

Really a great looking airplane sitting in the hangar not completely finished, absolutely beautiful flying, simply stunning when viewed from the air! A VERY special thanks to Jim Wright and Ron Englund for this extremely rare veiw of an even rarer airplane! And no, our feet have yet to touch ground! The weather gods smiled on us and it was both sunny and calm, I've never been in an air to air session that was smoother air!
      Attached Files
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

A good start...

So... what... you did an air-to-air of a one-of a kind airplane and only took 3 pictures???????? Sheesh!

Just raz'n ya bud. I know you need it. Somebody has too! Way cool! Way way way way way WAY cool!

Awesome pics! Ought to be a cover shot for AOPA or the like for ya there!

Kraz

Comment

Re: A good start...

Originally posted by Kraz
          So... what... you did an air-to-air of a one-of a kind airplane and only took 3 pictures???????? Sheesh!

Just raz'n ya bud. I know you need it. Somebody has too! Way cool! Way way way way way WAY cool!

Awesome pics! Ought to be a cover shot for AOPA or the like for ya there!

Kraz
          Thankey Kraz.. it was fun and the guys down in Cottage Grove deserve to be on the cover of a lot of magazines! That is an extremely special creation they have there.. Now.. if I can pry Bear's editorial contact for AOPA out of him.. or lessee... I think Kraz has Flying.. and I've got A & S... mebbie I oughta be sending off a few of these to as many places as I can.. since I just shot the first "pro level" (speaking only of the camera.. I'm modest) air to air of this airplane.. <sound of elbow joint cracking as Wayne pats self on back>

We win some sometimes!!!

Many more coming.. oddly enough, I took about 250 shots before Jim got too many fumes in the cockpit loafing along at idle and 165 indicated.. (geez!) and had to "knock it off".. the odd part, most of them actually turned out...

Waynerz
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

3.5 hrs of sleep again

Well, I'm gonna try to stick with it here.. Last friday when I drove down for the ground to air, I had to leave really early to get there on time, and I had stuff to do before leaving.. so, about 3.5 hrs. sleep.. somehow, same thing happened last night and again, about 3.5 hrs was all the sack time I got..

I remember sitting in the press shack at Reno many times or over in American Air Racing's hangar at about 3 or 4 am pumping stuff out from the day befor.. then getting up at about 7 or 8 to do it all over again, day in and day out for 10 days.

I'm tellin ya.. when that clock hits 50... that $hit stops!

I am going to do my best though.. As Bear knows, we have been beslammed with project stuff over the last week.. some of which relates to the Hughes Racer and will be talked about in the upcoming upcoming upcoming (is there an echo in here) update..

I have my IV hooked to my coffee pot and I'm gonna do my best with the bright light streaming in my "office" window do do these photos justice in the edit phase.. (digital shots need a slight amount of work at best as we do all sharpening and contrast outside of the camera to have better control over same)

Oh and Bear.. start saving pennies.. my camera did the same trick as yours three times today.. not as severe, only one skip and it might well have been my tired ass not getting off the shutter quick enough before it fired again but.. we could be staring at another $708. repair bill before too long on mine... <sigh> <holds out hat>

Wayner
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The English Language According to Wayne

"beslammed"

Hey.. lots of words were not words before someone with creative vision made them up.. I lead, I do not follow.. I march to my own drummer.. now If I can just get him to shut up at night so I CAN SLEEP.. everything will be fine..

I think I could be convinced to become a besieged beslammer of.. bears.. being belittleing of besmirched beginners..

so there..

Wayne
              ps.. if you are paying that much for film, you should be going after the bandit who is gouging you for that stuff!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Since I did more than my fair share of stirring the pot, I'd best ante up with a hearty slap on the back and say those are absoultely stunning photos, Wayne.....!

In my view, the more impressive the subject, the more difficult the photographers job is to show it at its best.....you succeeded in spades amigo.........

Now kick the bear off the bed, and get some sleep!!
                the other Wayne................

Comment

Sleep done, Bear kicked, Back at it..

Originally posted by GWB
                  Since I did more than my fair share of stirring the pot, I'd best ante up with a hearty slap on the back and say those are absoultely stunning photos, Wayne.....!

In my view, the more impressive the subject, the more difficult the photographers job is to show it at its best.....you succeeded in spades amigo.........

Now kick the bear off the bed, and get some sleep!!
                  LOL.. I'd never let that guy sleep on my bed!!

Nap taken, we're back up and runnin here and trying to get some images picked out of the batch of them.. Probably could be done with three, there are only so many angles you can cover but we want some desktop wallpaper out there also..

I truly do appreciate the comments on the photos, truly! Air to air is a lot on the pilots.. I did use my hands to signal where I wanted Jim and he did as directed..

I'll tell you what though, those guys down in Cottage Grove are the best people! Just fine folks... They bent over backwards and then some to make sure we got this session with them and I just can't thank them enough!

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                  X