Strega - 1985

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strega - 1985

Back when it was OK to have a tobacco sponsor. I've just installed my new film scanner and am playing around with some of my old images from "back in the day"; thought you all might like to see some.

Mike A.
    Attached Files

Re: Strega - 1985

1985 was my first year at Reno. I looked at all the planes and picked a favorite. 22 Renos later Strega is still my favorite. I remember when Skoal had the booth set up passing out samples of bandits. Good times then and good times now. Thanks for the memore!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer
      You know, this brings up a point I've been meaning to look into....
      In the 1985 pic (and others from that era) Tiger has Race 7. For the last 10 years or so (I think) he's had Race x7. What's the story on this ?

Remember that magazine you ordered the other day?????

All will be revealed in Part II.......

Comment

Fantastic! Thanks for posting!!!!!
        _________
        -Matt
        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
          Remember that magazine you ordered the other day?????

All will be revealed in Part II.......
          I think I'll go pick mine up today!

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer
            You know, this brings up a point I've been meaning to look into....
            In the 1985 pic (and others from that era) Tiger has Race 7. For the last 10 years or so (I think) he's had Race x7. What's the story on this ?

Don't forget that the ol' Witch also was branded with the formidable "license to kill" 007 prior to the "incident" that changed it to x 7. "Incidentally", if you have photos from '85-'95 of her in flight, straight and level , compare those to today. Might be enough there to give you another clue.
            Robert Stanley -Strega fan since '86

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyR
              Don't forget that the ol' Witch also was branded with the formidable "license to kill" 007 prior to the "incident" that changed it to x 7. "Incidentally", if you have photos from '85-'95 of her in flight, straight and level , compare those to today. Might be enough there to give you another clue.
              Wow... I've been following the witch since '87 and never heard any of this, though I quietly noticed the changes to her "7" (with its neighboring x or 00 or whatever).

Angle of incidence? Hmmm, now I want someone to line up a chronology of Strega photos to compare!
              _________
              -Matt
              Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Working...
              X