Black and White-Dago Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and White-Dago Red

So what do you think of this? The colors were a little funky in the night shot, tried a version in B&W.

Re: Black and White-Dago Red

That's pretty cool, nice work.

Lonnie

Comment

Great shot.Reminds me of my photos I took as a kid at the Cleveland Air Races 1946-1949.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gollwitzer
        Great shot.Reminds me of my photos I took as a kid at the Cleveland Air Races 1946-1949.
        OMG Bob... what memories you must have!

Any way you can share them here? I'm sure you have about a thousand folks on the edges of their seats with that last message! Sure got my blood circulating!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm in the process of moving & once I get settled I'll see what I can find of those old photos. I use to have one of Lockheeds Tony L. flying the red P38 inverted with both engines shut down. Quite a pilot. Also Paul Mantz stepping out of his red P51 after winning the cross country Bendix with his shirt & tie on.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gollwitzer
            I'm in the process of moving & once I get settled I'll see what I can find of those old photos. I use to have one of Lockheeds Tony L. flying the red P38 inverted with both engines shut down. Quite a pilot. Also Paul Mantz stepping out of his red P51 after winning the cross country Bendix with his shirt & tie on.
            Oh Geez Bob.. that stuff is priceless history!! Anything we can do to help, let me know!

If you don't have a scanner, and would trust mail/FedEx whatever... I could scan and resend....

Would LOVE to see them!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Try a sepia tone Shawn

Comment

i thought those colors were cool though
                www.renosection3.com

Comment

Tim, I think that shot looks great in black and white

Comment

Hey Tim, I like it!!!!!!!! can you make it even more contrasty?? I think that would make a great poster!
                    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Section3guy
                      i thought those colors were cool though
                      Hey, call me weird but I liked the funky colors too! Seemed to capture the mood a bit better, but that's just me.

Now that you've clearly demonstrated your night shooting prowess, you're going to hang out after hours at Oshkosh next year, right?! Mmm, warbirds! The B-1 was especially cool! Gotta attach yourself to the EAA Photo crew and then no one bothers you . . .
                      --Amy

-Tomcats and Red Mustangs Forever-

Comment

Oshkosh at night would be pretty cool, but you can't see stuff like this at Oshkosh. This is as good as it gets for Warbird nuts like myself. There is one place, and one place only for stuff like this, Reno.

Comment

These are not exactly warbird stories from OSH, but...

The night-time tourist departure of Concord from OSH was beyond cool, back around 1990-91. My family and I were standing just over the deadline when she left... I'm still not sure our hearing ever recovered... but man what an image!

Also, more long the lines of a "warbird," remember that in 1989 the SR-71A put on a more complete airshow than it ever did at Reno, and possibly a more complete airshow than it ever put on anywhere else in the world (although some of the demonstrations in England might have been close).
                          _________
                          -Matt
                          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell

remember that in 1989 the SR-71A put on a more complete airshow than it ever did at Reno, and possibly a more complete airshow than it ever put on anywhere else in the world (although some of the demonstrations in England might have been close).

...ANYone have pics/vids to share?

(Alien recordings ?)
                            Mayday51
                            Jim Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by mayday51
                              ...ANYone have pics/vids to share?

(Alien recordings ?)
                              Want to hear a real tragedy??? OK here goes. Please don't laugh; it's not funny.

I had the complete 30 minute-footage of the SR's 1989 (and only) airshow at OSH captured with my family's vid cam from the flightline. Then, a couple months later, i accidentally TAPED OVER IT WITH AN EPISODE OF AIRWOLF FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. The pain is still so real, so very real.

I think I cried for 2 hours. I was only 13, but I should have been more careful. I am STILL very upset about it.
                              _________
                              -Matt
                              Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Working...
                              X