Does anyone know this artist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know this artist?

Does anyone know who the artist is that did this print?

Do they have a web site?

Thanks.

DT
    Attached Files

Re: Does anyone know this artist?

I can't find a copy tonight on my bookshelves but this artist had a whole colorbook of similar images (uncolored) for sale at the races back in about 1990-92. It was great and I bought several copies for my kids. As I recall it had a red, white, and black heavy card stock cover. He had a race-modified F7F or two, and a racing A-26, some Tsunami and Stiletto clones as well if I remember correctly. Good stuff.

Comment

Just posterior to the tailwheel are some initials. Looks like VE or VC.
      Someone with younger eyes may be able to distinguish them.
      Betty
      Last edited by ShermB; 10-02-2006, 01:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB
        Just posterior to the tailwheel are some initials. Looks like VE or VC.
        Someone with younger eyes may be able to distinguish them.
        Betty
        Betty,

I resized the scan for DT, it *looks" like it's actually KC... although, you might be right that it's a V and an E....

*SOMEBODY* must know??

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell
          I can't find a copy tonight on my bookshelves but this artist had a whole colorbook of similar images (uncolored) for sale at the races back in about 1990-92. It was great and I bought several copies for my kids. As I recall it had a red, white, and black heavy card stock cover. He had a race-modified F7F or two, and a racing A-26, some Tsunami and Stiletto clones as well if I remember correctly. Good stuff.

Thanks Lowell.

I guess it could be from a coloring book.

This is an original drawing, not a print. But I guess it could have been filled in by someone that was very good. I couldn't stay inside the lines this good. It does have a black heavy card stock frame.

I don't know how I came by it, after 10 days in Stead you find all kinds of things when you get back home. I don't know what year I got it but it had to be 3 or 4 years ago.

The K C could have been the person that filled it in.

Please let me know if you find your book.

Thanks,

DT

Comment

Colorbook found!

The "AIR RACE COLORING BOOK by KC Dahn has been found. It does have a red, white, and black heavy card stock cover with large checkerboards and a #5 racing Mustang passing a pylon. The subtitle is UNLIMITEDS PAST PRESENT & FUTURE. It has 28 pages ready to color (printed on one side on "Professional White Paper") that include:

Scneider Cup racing biplane #3

Gee Bee #5

P-38 #101 with shark teeth racing a P-51C #46 low above a fence blowing a kid over the fence off his bike.

modified Bearcat (Rare Bear-like) with bent props and crew wrenching on motor.

P-51Dwith D-Day stripes "Miss Six O'Clock"

F8F-2 #1 American Jet (with eagle artwork) wide ange-view from above front, at speed.

P-51 modified #6 (Sumthin' Else-style) making emergency landing with smoke and oil, firetruck posed ready.

P-63 highly modified small canopy #3 "Super Cobra" N106KD

F4U Super Corsair-like #1 "Miss KENZE"

P-40 racer #65 with shark teeth rounding pylon

and ...17 more including Mustangs;Tsunami-clone (#10 "Jammer");"Risky business" fantasy paintjob, smaller canopy and race #3 chopping a cactus with left wing on the deck; Sea Furies; racin' A-26 #61 with Corsair behind maydaying out; Blind Man's Bluff clone #80; Yak ATTACK #1;P-40 (cartoon type) licking chops after biting chunk out of Pond racer-clone; A custom push-pull dual V-12 design race #2001 passing grandstands at speed; and two F-16s in a pylon chase.

The back cover has a order form coupon for $5.50 each (-10% using coupon) for sending check or money order to KAHNZILLA at a Las Vegas P.O. Box.

I can send a couple of scans if you PM me your E-mail address.

Lowell

Comment

Thanks Lowell.

DT in HK

Comment

Working...
              X