School Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Kids

This year i got to be a Docents for NAG to help the School kids i was in the sports class and the kids came in and to find out about the Races and do home work here is a pic of some kids doing there home work all the best Shawn
    Attached Files

Re: School Kids

I've been a NAG docent for 3 years (not this year, unfortunately) working with the school kids and I enjoy it thoroughly.

Thanks, Betty Sherman, for letting us get involved!

Comment

Thank you for the kind words, Hacker, but the thanks go to RARA, who asked me/NAG to find the volunteers to do this.
      The Docent program began as an idea, and YOU guys and gals who participate have improved the program each year. Randy Haskin, Bill Clark, Bob Miller, Bruce Haskin, and Alan Korber have been the "Bus Boys", unloading the buses more efficiently each year. Roger and Ben Artie, Don Fitgerald, Dea McCarthy,George Waterstraat, Don Fitzgerald, Barney Biggs, Ed Barranger,Art Schanke, DJ Haskin, Don Gaynor, Don Souter, and Shawn Aro were the rest of the group helping 6,000+ students participate in the program this year. a big THANKS for all your hard work.
      Betty Sherman, Treasurer
      NationalAir racingGroup
      Last edited by ShermB; 10-01-2006, 07:25 AM.

Comment

hehe, cute shawn. i noticed as the age groups went up the enthusiasm for being there went down, damn kids, hahahahaha
        heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Well matt i started going at a young age in 1979 i was 1 11 and i had a fun time there was this group that came in and they were High school students and had this one girl she was going in to thew Air force and she was very excited to be there thank you Betty and Reno Shawn

Comment

well ya, there's a select few of us that have grown up in love with the sport. but it seems a rare occurence, though growing more abundant.
            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

It was cool seeing all those young people checking out the race planes and asking questions.

Being with the Bear crew, I was wondering what we could prepare for these little visitors. Something that might help with their studies and make their time more fun.

It might even make them future Rare Bear fans.

Any ideas?

Don
              Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
              Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

Hey Don,
                The kids had homework assignments to complete, with questions like "how does a plane fly?" and identifying instruments. Just answering their questions is a big help. Some of the crews had made tattoos or stickers. Some had other things to give away. Some had to get a pilot's signature. I collected some of the worksheets they had gotten from their teachers, and found some pretty profound questions they had to answer. The kids also loved having their pictures taken with the plan/crew. Maybe each class or school could "adopt" a plane.
                If you are interested in participating next year, PM me and give me your name and address. THANKS.
                Betty Sherman,Treasurer
                National Air racing Group

Comment

Working...
                X