X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEAD BOARD HEAD... Fix the problem

Wayne,

This is your board, our board

# 1 unregistered users are spam, (time management and real value to your real customers) in your being able to manage this board and control it. I DO NOT want to wake up one day and find out that we, the real users, will have to $$ to access this wonderful site. As i said to you privately, you need to manage and market this web source realistically.
    If you are "giving out" for free.... whos gonna comit to a real relationship with out committment. Its time to mature this board.

#2 just like years past , with all the bashing..... Wayne!!! move them to the restricted form or block the creeps who are grandstanding and waisting my time. Again, its time to mature this board.

This is a family sport and a family web page.....

BM

Re: HEAD BOARD HEAD... Fix the problem

Have not yet made the move to all regged...

Currently, it's still set so that *anyone* can post but.. only regged posts can be seen unless they are approved.

The big problem right now for anyone who is a moderator is that the SPAM, and I mean REALLY SPAM that does hit the approval queue triggers an email to each moderator. It can be pretty daunting when you have 50 or more of these things in your inbox when you check!

Now getting rid of all that, not having to watch for the "SPAM BOMBS" that hit sometimes, where these guys throw 50 or so messages at us in rapid succession, from a variety of IP addresses (hard to block them) would be very nice but....

I just approved one message from Bryan Marsh, who isn't regged but likes to post from time to time, one from Chris McMillian, who was probably logged out and didn't realize it, clarifying that he was kidding Chixfly2 in an earlier message and..

One from our old friend Tom Campau, who is registered, twice but forgets his login when he's at other computers....

This is a heart breaker!

I don't want to lose these guys!

Dasher has offered to help, if she's willing to help me wade through the stuff, I think we're all richer for letting the casual racer who drops by and wants to say something.

I usually verify the IP address of those who say they are someone because letting unregged posts go through signed by "someone" does carry some risk that a not so nice person might sign as someone else..

Anyway...

The board is, in fact, all registered as it is. Only difference is that we have a little keyhole open...

I totally agree that the biotch sessions need to get transferred into the rouges gallery as soon as they start, however!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: HEAD BOARD HEAD... Fix the problem

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
      One from our old friend Tom Campau, who is registered, twice but forgets his login when he's at other computers....

This is a heart breaker!

I don't want to lose these guys!
      Wayne,

I don't know the answer to this, but not getting Tom Campau's post would be a great loss. In my opinion you've done a great job to date of striking a balance. To a point, for us great unwashed even the flame wars can be instructional. It takes personality and passion to make life interesting.

Robert Goldman
      No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Working...
      X