Project -- Excuses Excuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project -- Excuses Excuses

Well, we got slammed with a tripple whammy this weekend, from our high speed access going down (using a borrowed dialup at the moment) to a batch of really great news for air racing that we're working on processing along with the shots of the Hughes H-1 Replica that we took on Friday..

Coupled with a visit to my adopted dad, a Pearl Harbor survivor this Sunday and we're down to the wire here early Monday AM and not nearly finished with the Hughes Special Project..

As always, stay tuned, this one is going to have just a little more than the usual picture feature and I think you'll want to check it out as soon as we get it done.. (*should* be sometime today <monday>) we've got some big files to upload so, hopefully, the shared T-1 that we use will be back online for us..

here's another shot of the wonderful Wright Machine Tool, Hughes H-1 Recreation...

Wayne
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Excusses..

Okay Wayners, you've been nursing the "it's the internet's fault" excuse too much now. I bet if you spent as much time working on the pictures and you have spent whining about your 2400 baud modem throwing fits, you’ld already have the pics posted! So quit whining about it and post the pictures before the mobs get completely unruly! Oh wait… um…. Oh, that’s right, I still haven’t edited my pics from PRS… or Arlington… or Evergreen…. or Hillsboro….Guess I shouldn’t talk! The sneak peaks are great. Wish I could have been there. My adventure was good too. Sorry for not calling you when I was in town—sounds though you were busy enough though!

Kraz

Comment

Well?

C'mon guys. Those of us on fly-over country are getting restless. Peazzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Re: Well?

Originally posted by Peashooter
        C'mon guys. Those of us on fly-over country are getting restless. Peazzzzzzzzzzz
        I was on my way to the store yesterday and I got kidnapped by gypsies.. honest...

I managed to escape and I'm now back at my computer and working away, we'll have that sucker up today or my name is not Germain Greer...

Oh.. ahh... well.. we'll have it up today!!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Ok pal,,, I'm putting the Jeager on to chill as we speak, so stop by our box and pick up your punishment,,, I mean reward...
          P.S. Miss Jeager is running fine and will probably make the GOLD....

Comment

unless I'm missing something, it is today, right???? Oh, I know what I'm missing..........................some mysterious report !!!

you are such a tease, Wayne......get us all excited like this, and.....................
            the other Wayne................

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal
              Ok pal,,, I'm putting the Jeager on to chill as we speak, so stop by our box and pick up your punishment,,, I mean reward...
              P.S. Miss Jeager is running fine and will probably make the GOLD....
              Ummmn.. Iced Jeager!! gots to take my "medicine" do I !!

You'd like the tav close by here.. they got one of them Iced Jeager dispensers there.. yeouch! That stuff can't be good for ya's!!

Waynerdood
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by GWB
                unless I'm missing something, it is today, right???? Oh, I know what I'm missing..........................some mysterious report !!!

you are such a tease, Wayne......get us all excited like this, and.....................
                LOL.. well.. that's what happens when I trust them darn gypsies! Bundled me up and took me away they did.. if not for my cunning and daring escape, my secrets might have died with me!

Working on 'er as we speak my friend.. not really a mystery, just sumptin really neat.. obviously, more pictures of the Wright/Hughes H-1 and something even neater..

Incidently, we've managed to be the first "national" publication to ever visit the H-1 racer. News and pictures have made it out of there but no other photographer who was not locally based has ever been there.. so, we feel pretty happy about having the first nationally published pix of the airplane in flight and.. something else that has only been on the local news stations..

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Re: Well?

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                  I was on my way to the store yesterday and I got kidnapped by gypsies.. honest...

I managed to escape and I'm now back at my computer and working away, we'll have that sucker up today or my name is not Germain Greer...

Oh.. ahh... well.. we'll have it up today!!

Wayne

OK, time for an Amber alert for Wayne and the H-1 video/sound files! Anybody got a description of the vehicle that dun took him? Was it a red mustang? Made him an offer he (almost) couldn't refuse. Peas.

Comment

Progress Report

Originally posted by Peashooter

OK, time for an Amber alert for Wayne and the H-1 video/sound files! Anybody got a description of the vehicle that dun took him? Was it a red mustang? Made him an offer he (almost) couldn't refuse. Peas.
                    LOL.. actually it was a silver Avalon but.. we'll not tell anyone about it..

Here's where we are tonight, I took two microdrives worth of images on Friday and since then have been slammed with a bunch of stuff that needed attention like NOW, this is stuff that makes us some money (the web development side of what we do) and keeps AAFO.COM alive, since we're a free website, all of the expenses to get to where we need to be to get the pix, not to mention the hardware we have to use.. (and the repair bills to keep said hardware running <note to Nikon... OUCH!!!>) comes out of either our pockets, or hopefully some of it is taken care of by doing work for others on websites.. (note the donation link on the POTW's lately )

Anyway, long story short.. When we process the images, we have to color/exposure correct then save as full size .tiff files, then clone out any chip dust (all high end digital cameras use an exposed chip that collects dust like Bill Gates collects $$) that might have made it into the image.. then select the best of the best and process them..

Then for this feature, we have digital stereo audio of the airplane starting, running up, taking off, flying by and landing.. (no video because it was a solo trip and I can shoot and record audio at the same time but can not do video and stills simultainously)

We have to take the raw audio, transfer it from the recorder to the computa' then clip out the dead spots, blend them together, maybe, if there is time, process this up with some images so there is some identity other than just the sound.. process the final audio .wav file into .rm's for real streaming and mp3 format for those who absolutely hate the Real format.

All of which winds up taking a ton of time and.. well.. we're workin on it.. I should not make the "we're almost done" promises cause it gets ewe guys all fired up and then we make ya wait.. kind of like tellin the kids that Santa will be in on about the 25th.. or so..

I will tell ya though, the engine in that airplane is really rare and sounds unlike any other radial I've ever heard and the sound echoing off the hills surrounding the Cottage Grove Airport, I believe, comes thru on the recording in stereo and it's almost eerie!

Ok guys.. we're hot on it.. if the Gypsy's don't come knockin at my door and take me away from the project, we WILL be done by sometime *tonight* (which means sometime before daylight hits again here on the left coast)

Wayneatwork
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

...knock, knock........

Seriously, I appreciate all the stuff you do for this site to make it so darn interesting...
                      the other Wayne................

Comment

Originally posted by GWB
                        ...knock, knock........

Seriously, I appreciate all the stuff you do for this site to make it so darn interesting...
                        We know you guys do... and seriously, that is why we do what we do!

Believe it or not, my dsl, which is in reality a shared T-1 connection at my apartment building went down again tonight.. It did this, conveniently just after the gypsies came and kidnapped me again for a few hours.. Sooooooooo..

Bottom line is.. we're workin on this and a bunch of other neat "chit" that will be up soon..

I've thrown in the towell for the evening, no way I'm gonna try to upload the files on a cheezy dialup.. I'm goin to bed, so I can be up to meet the techy type that will be here at 9:00am sharp to fix my connection so's I can upload in peace what we're workin on..

See you guys tomrorow!

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne:
                          You'd like the tav close by here.. they got one of them Iced Jeager dispensers there..
                          Yeah... now we know what the *real* excuse is!

Kraz

Comment

Yes we do brother Kraz, yes we do......

Comment

Oppsss, that was me on da last reply.. I forgot to hit the ON switch....

Comment

Working...
                              X