Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears

"If the human race is to survive, then we must respect the rights of other species to survive. Sharing bedroom space with a bear is not practical but sharing wilderness space is. We must therefore, restrict human activity in spaces where threatened or endangered species live. We must stay out of their bedroom. Set aside some wild spaces while they yet exist. Closing the wild spaces after all of the wild things are gone will not work."

- Bob McMeans (member, Virginia Outdoors Writers Association)

Re: Bears

hu?

Comment

"I see," said the blind man
      "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

I agree! Stead Field and the existing race course should be set aside as a wildlife habitat for such rare species as the Rare Bear. Maybe it could even be expanded back to the 9.2 mile course to encourage the survival of the wild Mustangs, Sea Furies, Bearcats, Tiger Cats, and Wild Cats, not to mention the multitude of other winged creatures (both large and small) that desire to thrive there. Wouldn't it be great to see an occasional Lightning strike or Thunderbolt again! The thought of a Cobra gives me goose bumps!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Well said, Ken. Hopefully the "wild things" will be around for some time to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken from PG
            I agree! Stead Field and the existing race course should be set aside as a wildlife habitat for such rare species as the Rare Bear. Maybe it could even be expanded back to the 9.2 mile course to encourage the survival of the wild Mustangs, Sea Furies, Bearcats, Tiger Cats, and Wild Cats, not to mention the multitude of other winged creatures (both large and small) that desire to thrive there. Wouldn't it be great to see an occasional Lightning strike or Thunderbolt again! The thought of a Cobra gives me goose bumps!!!
            Heh, and of course Witches live among the wildlife.
            _________
            -Matt
            Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Working...
            X