T-shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-shirts

At reno in the main vendor area there was a company selling t-shirts with old and new race planes on them...conquest, red baron, and so on...

They had a website, did anyon catch what it was...

heavymetal.com or something like that.

thanks for any help.

Re: T-shirts

See thread........
    http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showt...3&page=1&pp=10
    Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

That would be me, Chuck Odum. The website is still in process of being put together but it is bigironaviation.com. As for now e-mail me with any questions at odum@netpath.net. Thanks, Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by chuck
        That would be me, Chuck Odum.
        How is your finger? I hope Reno was kind to you and that your site will be up soon.
        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by chuck
          That would be me, Chuck Odum.
          Chuck - I purchased three of your shirts at Reno this year (Precious Metal, Miss Ashley II and Red Baron) and they are, as others have said here, OUTSTANDING! Looking forward to the website. I will certainly be buying more stuff from you in the future. Keep up the great work.
          Mark Johnson
          Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

I think I picked up one of every shirt you had Chuck. Quality product from a consummate gentleman. Heck, he let Bill and I rummage through his stock to find exactly what we wanted while he was dealing with other customers.
            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
            My Photos
            My Ride

Comment

Thanks for the help everybody!

Comment

I got Conquest 1 and Miss Ashley II -- they are GREAT!

Any long-sleeves in the works?
                Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                World Speed Record Holder

Comment

I bought a stack of those rich, artful beauties this year as well. The September Fury in yellow is priceless. But the catch of the week was getting Greenie to autograph a rust colored Conquest 1 t-shirt and the new Full Throttle picture book. He asked if I was waiting for an autograph and I said "Yes, Mr G, for 37 years. I would be honored." He seemed as honored as I was. In fact, he was both surprised and pleased at the beautiful artwork on the shirt. I think also that he was pleased that folks remembered him and his plane from thirty years ago. Chuck saw fit to give him his own shirt as well.
                  Good work Chuck

Hey, what about all those other one color line drawing shirts?

Comment

As I have said here before, thank you so much for the complements. Between being exhausted and trying to type with my right middle finger being all banged up I haven't said much before now. On the Wendsday during race week, I was trying to make some adjustments to a banner pole that was attached to the tent pole with hose clamps when it got away from me, trapping my right index and middle finger between the pole and a hose clamp. I was standing on one of those water barrels that are used to weigh down the tents and the
                    banner pole went all the way to the ground with my fingers stuck while the hose clamp twisted into almost a figure 8. I thought I had lost them but fortunately they are on their way to a complete recovery. The worst part for me was trying to get someone's attention while I stood on top of that barrel not being able to do anything but yell for help. The place was almost deserted and I was up there for the longest two minutes of my life before I got some help. But to keep it in perspective, it was nothing compared to what I am sure some of you have gone through. Bottom line is getting hurt sucks.
                    I can't wait to get the website up. It has always been a question of $, but it WILL be up soon. I will carry much more that just t-shirts eventually, and am trying my darndest to interest one of the major die-cast companies into doing some of the racers.
                    I love doing this, especially when I hear the kind words directed at me and my products. I am way in the hole, but I had tons of startup costs to try and cover by adding so many new shirts all at once. I started off doing Warbirds, but I love the backyard specials because of their uniqueness and because we really get to see them perform in anger.
                    One thing I regret is that I did not get to put hardly any of your faces and names with the ones I see regularly on this message board. Maybe next year. Thanks again for your encouraging words. Chuck

Comment

Hey Chuck,
                      Any possibility of getting an orange Conquest 1, medium? I got a large accidently for my daughter. Guess I'll just have to wear it, HAH! I told her I would check into getting another her size. She, (We ALL) love them. No problem paying S&H'g.
                      Thanks,
                      Bill
                      Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Working...
                      X